Build a Team and Culture to Drive SuccessTaught By
Why cultivating your organization’s culture from the start is key to building a successful, supported team.
A founder may make hundreds of decisions a day, but few are more important – or enduring – than finding the right team. Rachel Robinson is VP of People and Culture at Thorn, a nonprofit that builds technology to defend children from online sexual abuse. Rachel believes that a trusting, open culture, along with a focus on resilience and wellness, enables a team to thrive. In this class, regardless of your organization’s size, you’ll learn Rachel’s methods for:
- Focusing on the right hires for long-term growth
- Cultivating a people-first workplace culture (remote and IRL)
- Prevent employee burnout using trust and openness
Discover more classes
- See all Academy Classes
- Better Your Business Model for Impact & Sustainability March 3 - Noon - 1:30pm PT
- Decide Who You Help and Why (or, Distribution Ethics) March 10 - Noon - 1:30pm PT
- Demystify Marketing So You Can Help More People March 17 - Noon - 1:30pm PT
- Build the Product Your User Needs March 24 - Noon - 1:30pm PT
- Raise More Money by Leveraging an Equity Lens, Storytelling, & Data March 31 - Noon - 1:30pm PT
- Craft Win-Win Strategies for Customer Success April 7 - Noon - 1:30pm PT
- Maximize Free Help: How to Get It & Manage It Well April 21 - Noon - 1:30pm PT
WHAT YOU'LL GET OUT OF THE FAST FORWARD ACADEMYInsights
Learn from experts on topics specific to the tech nonprofit experience, all for free. You’ll have a front-row seat to conversations that get to the heart of how to level up your social impact work.Action
With tactics and new frameworks in-hand, you’ll walk away feeling unblocked and empowered to leverage new learnings within your organization.Community
You’ll find yourself in the company of peers who believe in - and are building - social impact tech. A supportive community of impact-driven leaders awaits you.
About Fast Forward
The world’s biggest social problems, from healthcare to education to human rights, deserve the best tech. Fast Forward invests in entrepreneurs who are using technology to accelerate social impact.
Fast Forward’s investments span beyond philanthropic funding, through products and programs that bridge the tech and nonprofit sectors to build capacity for tech nonprofits.To date, Fast Forward’s 59 Accelerator alumni have raised $275 Million in follow-on funding, impacting 88M lives.
As the first and only organization focused exclusively on scaling organizations that combine the best tech with sustainable nonprofit business models, Fast Forward’s mission is to accelerate impact.
About Our Partners
The eBay Foundation is committed to unleashing the power of entrepreneurship to build economically vibrant and thriving communities. To this end, they invest in organizations that empower underrepresented entrepreneurs to build a stronger and more inclusive world. The eBay Foundation is proud to support Fast Forward in its pursuit to do the same.
The Fast Forward Academy is also supported by Comcast Business. With a long history of supporting local communities and organizations wherever they do business, Comcast Business shares our belief that an entrepreneurial spirit is necessary to innovating for a better world.
Fast Forward’s work is made possible with the generous support of our premier partners Google.org, BlackRock, HPE Foundation, Twilio.org, and GM.