Better Your Business Model for Impact & SustainabilityTaught By
Tech nonprofits, you can have your cake (impact) and eat it too (earn revenue).
With a special introduction by Allie Ottoboni, President, eBay Foundation.
It’s possible for your business model to maximize the impact you have in the world, and pay for (at least some of) your work. How, you might ask? In this class, Rohan Pavuluri, CEO and Co-Founder of Upsolve, will give you insights and new tools on how to think about – or redefine – your strategy. And bonus: you’ll get a look into how Rohan and Upsolve practice Nonprofit Judo, or leverage the hidden advantages of being a nonprofit. Walk away knowing:
- The questions you should be asking in the earliest days to define your business model
- How to figure out what you’re doing well and leverage those strengths to do more of it
- Ways to unlock hidden advantages of being a nonprofit, AKA practice Nonprofit Judo
Discover more classes
- See all Academy Classes
- Decide Who You Help and Why (or, Distribution Ethics) March 10 - Noon - 1:30pm PT
- Demystify Marketing So You Can Help More People March 17 - Noon - 1:30pm PT
- Build the Product Your User Needs March 24 - Noon - 1:30pm PT
- Raise More Money by Leveraging an Equity Lens, Storytelling, & Data March 31 - Noon - 1:30pm PT
- Craft Win-Win Strategies for Customer Success April 7 - Noon - 1:30pm PT
- Build a Team and Culture to Drive Success April 14 - Noon - 1:30pm PT
- Maximize Free Help: How to Get It & Manage It Well April 21 - Noon - 1:30pm PT
WHAT YOU'LL GET OUT OF THE FAST FORWARD ACADEMYInsights
Learn from experts on topics specific to the tech nonprofit experience, all for free. You’ll have a front-row seat to conversations that get to the heart of how to level up your social impact work.Action
With tactics and new frameworks in-hand, you’ll walk away feeling unblocked and empowered to leverage new learnings within your organization.Community
You’ll find yourself in the company of peers who believe in - and are building - social impact tech. A supportive community of impact-driven leaders awaits you.
About Fast Forward
The world’s biggest social problems, from healthcare to education to human rights, deserve the best tech. Fast Forward invests in entrepreneurs who are using technology to accelerate social impact.
Fast Forward’s investments span beyond philanthropic funding, through products and programs that bridge the tech and nonprofit sectors to build capacity for tech nonprofits.To date, Fast Forward’s 59 Accelerator alumni have raised $275 Million in follow-on funding, impacting 88M lives.
As the first and only organization focused exclusively on scaling organizations that combine the best tech with sustainable nonprofit business models, Fast Forward’s mission is to accelerate impact.
About Our Partners
The eBay Foundation is committed to unleashing the power of entrepreneurship to build economically vibrant and thriving communities. To this end, they invest in organizations that empower underrepresented entrepreneurs to build a stronger and more inclusive world. The eBay Foundation is proud to support Fast Forward in its pursuit to do the same.
The Fast Forward Academy is also supported by Comcast Business. With a long history of supporting local communities and organizations wherever they do business, Comcast Business shares our belief that an entrepreneurial spirit is necessary to innovating for a better world.
Fast Forward’s work is made possible with the generous support of our premier partners Google.org, BlackRock, HPE Foundation, Twilio.org, and GM.