Fast Forward Events Code of Conduct
At Fast Forward, we believe in the power of community. As such, we are committed to creating event environments that are diverse, inclusive, safe, and free from discrimination, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other classification protected by law.
All participants of Fast Forward events must abide by the following policy:
- Be kind, considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Comply with local, state, and federal laws.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert event staff if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Many event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Wear your badge at all times while at the event or event venues.
Unacceptable behaviors may include but are not limited to:
- Harassment and discrimination including any verbal, physical, or visual conduct based on sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, race, age, national origin, disability. Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing, photography or recording; sustained disruption of sessions, talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact, and any unwelcome sexual attention.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Wearing clothing that is not suitable for a professional work environment, that is inappropriate or otherwise potentially offensive.
- Any destruction or vandalizing of personal property or event site or materials.
- Possessing any open can, bottle or other receptacle containing any alcoholic beverages, except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol or being intoxicated, as determined by Fast Forward, in any event venue or function.
- Drinking excessive amounts of alcohol, distributing alcohol to minors, and/ or engaging or possessing illegal substances. Fast Forward does not tolerate the use or abuse of illegal substances anywhere in the event venues. Please drink responsibly.
- Smoking in non-designated areas.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior. Including but not limited to advocating illegal activity or discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them or cause injury or property damage to any person.
- Possession of a weapon or any item that can be used as a weapon, which may be used to threaten or cause injury to others if used in a certain manner.
- Soliciting business excessively.
- Posting or distributing any material that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party or any law or post or distribute any vulgar, obscene, discourteous, or indecent language or images.
- Failure to obey any of the rules or regulations of the event venues or instructions of the event staff.
- Impersonating any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresenting affiliation with a person or entity.
- Sharing event badge with other individuals.
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund and if appropriate involvement of local law enforcement.
It is of the utmost importance that Fast Forward ensure a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We demand equal respect of all participants and attendees and do not tolerate harassment of staff, attendees, participants, guests, or speakers in any form.
Sexual harassment includes unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature, such as unwelcome sexual advances or attention, requests for sexual favors, verbal, nonverbal, graphic and electronic communications that are of a sexual nature, displaying sexual images in public spaces, or inappropriate or unwanted physical conduct. Gender-based harassment is unwelcome conduct of a nonsexual nature based on an individual’s actual or perceived sex, including conduct based on gender identity, gender expression, and nonconformity with gender stereotypes that is sufficiently serious to adversely affect an individual’s participation in a Fast Forward event. Sexual violence is an umbrella term that includes sexual assault, such as rape/attempted rape, criminal sexual act, forcible touching, and sexual abuse. If of a sexual nature, stalking/cyberstalking and dating, domestic and intimate partner violence may also constitute sexual harassment, gender-based harassment or sexual violence. This policy covers, without limitation, the foregoing acts.
Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other attendees. Behave appropriately. Remember that harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary jokes are not appropriate for any Fast Forward event.
If a participant or attendee engages in harassing behavior and violates these rules, Fast Forward retains the right in its sole discretion, to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the event without refund. Other event organizers may also take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all event venues and event-related social activities.
Speak up if you see or hear something. If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our events for everyone. We want you to be happy at our events. People like you make our events a better place.
Making a Report
You can make a report either personally or anonymously. You can make a personal report by:
- Contacting Fast Forward staff or Program Manager Summer Kennedy at email@example.com
- Filling out an anonymous or non-anonymous report through google forms by going to http://bit.ly/2vxWV3L
If you have a complaint or concern about harassment, discrimination, bullying or any other conduct that violates the Fast Forward Events Code of Conduct, we encourage you to tell an event staff member or security personnel immediately. If you witness this happening to someone else, please report that, too. You may request that your report remain completely confidential. When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard.
This policy prohibits retaliation against any person who reports sexual harassment, gender-based harassment or sexual violence, assists someone making such a report, or participates in any manner in an investigation or resolution of a sexual harassment, gender-based harassment or sexual violence complaint.
Our team will be happy to help you contact hotel/venue security, local law enforcement, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
If you experience or witness a life safety emergency, please immediately contact your local authorities, in North America dial 911.
For questions regarding Fast Forward events, please contact Program Manager Summer Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Code of Conduct may be revised at any time by Fast Forward and the terms are non-negotiable. This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to Fast Forward’s rights, all of which it expressly reserves.
Together, we can ensure Fast Forward Events are safe and welcoming experiences.
Adapted from Salesforce Code of Conduct and and Summit Code of Conduct.