Weekly Work Hours: 40-45 hours on average
Experience desired: 3-7 years minimum
Location: Gurgaon (Delhi NCR), India
Job Description: Carefully conduct and manage communications to our constituency of interviewers and interviewees, via extensive telephonic, email, letter writing, and text based communications, which may at times entail coordinating with the appropriate vendors. This job requires excellent ‘customer service’ skills and professionalism. You must truly enjoy speaking to and interacting with people. The position also requires a high degree of organizational skills and the ability to handle large databases. Previous customer service as well as administrative skills will be essential for this position. You will work from our office in Gurgaon.This position also requires managing official paperwork, maintaining online databases, meticulous record keeping and cloud computing using tools such as Google Docs, Box and Dropbox.
Begin Date: Immediately. We are interviewing candidates on a rolling basis.
Pay Scale: Competitive salary, based on experience.
Relevant previous experience:
- At least a bachelors level education
- Customer service experience is not required but highly valued for this position
- Administrative Assistance
- Project management, design and execution experience a plus (but not required)
- Database management, including experience with spreadsheets
- Excellent command of English and Hindi languages, written and spoken
- International employment a plus (but not required)
- Managing digital databases, online cloud based workflow (Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, Asana)
- Handling technology, especially camera equipment and the latest computational devices (smart phones, tablet PC’s).
- International work or study experience a plus (but not required)
- International communications (Skype, Phone, etc.)
- Previous international team work a plus (but not required)
- Field activity coordination (including events coordination, search/rescue mission coordination, other humanitarian effort coordination).
- Comfortable with extensive email, phone and letter communications
- Customer service mindset a must
- Comfort with using and maintaining spreadsheets
- Comfortable communicating with individuals from diverse cultural as well as economic communities
- Excellent written and oral English as well as language proficiency
- Teaching oral history workshops in small classrooms
- Community building and networking skills
- Passion for preserving oral history of Partition
- Punctual with excellent work ethic
- Comfort working varying hours
- Deeply goal focused and goal oriented
- Patience, persistence and a positive outlook
- A passion for preserving oral history of Partition
- A passion for traveling and meeting people
- Respectful of co-workers
- Respectful of upper management, and all constituents
- Experience working on teams
- Commitment to transparency
- Excellent time management and work ethic
- Commitment to professionalism