Blue Planet Network is excited to announce that it has two Development and Database Volunteer positions open. In this position, the volunteer will be responsible for researching prospective donors, as well as helping in the day-to-day operations of our Fundraising and Communications Departments. He/She will be a critical asset in grant research, database entry, event planning and fundraising administration. One of the primary roles of this competitive position will be to help streamline Blue Planet Network’s new database system by managing data entry and working directly with the Community Outreach Manager and Development Director. This is a great opportunity to acquire first-hand experience of how a busy and fast-paced non-profit operates successfully and supports a global team of passionate water heroes. Learn about communications and fundraising and gain vital database skills helpful to excel in any organization. The top volunteers selected will have the opportunity to work strategically with senior management and learn how an award-winning nonprofit inspires a global community to help millions of people around the world with safe drinking water.
- Attend and support networking and special events in Marin, Silicon Valley and San Francisco.
- Assist with website, global communications and strategically designed marketing campaigns.
- Review the local and international safe drinking water landscape, market players and competitors, and investigate new leads and/or fundraising strategies for Blue Planet Network.
- Identify ideas for corporate giving campaigns.
- Research and analyze grant-making directories and web-based services to identify high-potential foundation and individual giving prospects.
- Manage database entry in our robust donor management system.
- Assist with correspondence, mailings, and other administrative tasks as needed.
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
- 1-2 years of technical and database skills.
- A passion for solving the global water crisis.
- Willingness to commit to a 6 to 12-month volunteer position.
- Strong ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy with excellent attention to detail.
- A positive and creative approach to solving complex challenges.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently (excellent time management skills essential).
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with limited resources.
- Ability to exercise discretion, confidentiality and privacy.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree / or near completion.