Callisto is a San Francisco-based nonprofit organization that creates technology to combat sexual assault, empower survivors, and advance justice. Specifically, we create websites that make it easier for sexual assault survivors to report and name their assailant and enable the detection of repeat sexual offenders. We also connect survivors to attorneys who advise them on their options to seek justice. We are funded by earned revenue from partner institutions and by philanthropic supporters, including Google.org, Y Combinator, Greylock Partners, and the Skoll Foundation.
We are a rapidly growing and powerful team, united in the belief that we can create a more safe and just world.
About the Position:
Callisto seeks a seasoned Executive Assistant to optimize the time, energy, and efficiency of our CEO. The Executive Assistant will work directly with the CEO, executing a range of administrative duties including calendar management, internal and external communication on behalf of the CEO, and travel and meeting preparations.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with a wide range of experience supporting C-suite executives. They are knowledgeable about the full scope of the Executive Assistant’s role and are able to quickly adapt to the unique needs and work style of whomever they support.
- Structure the CEO’s schedule (calendar and task lists) in line with her personal work style as well as organizational and personal priorities
- Prepare the CEO for internal and external meetings, including creating agendas and prep docs, ensuring follow-up, and coordinating tasks for the team
- Act as point of contact between the CEO, the Callisto team, and external parties to enable the CEO to focus on top priorities
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of the CEO
- Support the management of the governing board by preparing reports and presentations for quarterly meetings, taking minutes, and ensuring follow up
- Prepare reports, presentations, and briefs for both team members and external stakeholders
- Arrange travel and conference prep for the CEO
Essential Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting to a C-suite executive or senior management
- Experience managing the calendar and email of an executive
- Experience booking travel
- Knowledge of Google Suite (primarily Gmail and Google Calendar)
- Preferred: Knowledge of Asana or other project management software
What to Expect at Callisto:
We bring the best of many different industries together, including engineers, designers, educators, and legal experts. We’ve crafted a culture that balances ambitious world change with team sustainability and self-care. We are thoughtful, rigorous, inclusive, humble, kind, direct, creative, agile, entrepreneurial, and mission-driven. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but take the work very seriously. And amazingly, despite the sobering realities of the problem we’re trying to solve, we have a ton of fun. We identify and solve problems as a team of experts, working together to bring about our vision for the world.
Callisto offers competitive salaries, a 401k, paid leave, and medical, dental, and vision insurance. Members of the Callisto team receive a generous professional development budget. Callisto has a flexible work-from-home policy and work hours, letting you work where and when you can perform at your best.
Our Mission & Vision
Our vision is a world where sexual assault is rare and survivors are supported. Our mission is to create technology that combats sexual assault, supports survivors, and advances justice.
Callisto is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.