We’re hiring a leader of carbon measurement and impact.
Climate Neutral is a fast growing non-profit poised to become the trusted consumer standard for zero net carbon emissions. We’re addressing climate change, one of the world’s most urgent challenges, with a common sense solution that has the potential to achieve large impact. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Director of Measurement and Impact.
Our mission is to decrease carbon emissions and restore the global climate. Your role would be to establish a strong foundation for this work by leading our measurement and carbon impact strategies. You will serve as our internal expert on measurement methodology, tools, and the partner ecosystem that enable our certifying brands to calculate their carbon emissions. You will also oversee our carbon removal and offsetting requirements, to ensure that the climate benefits of our work are measurable and significant. You will work collaboratively with our small, passionate team and be involved in decision-making for all aspects of our mission.
- Lead a strategy for greenhouse gas footprint estimation that is simple, accessible, and technically credible. Oversee technical experts and advisors. Engage proactively with the LCA and I/O communities.
- Manage our annual standards review and update process. Oversee stakeholder review by our two external advisory committees for our certification and offset requirements.
- Develop a cutting-edge portfolio of carbon removal and offset credits that meets our standards, fulfills our brands’ objectives, and achieves measurable impact.
- Manage our Brand Emissions Estimator (BEE) software tool by overseeing the development of future versions. Manage software developers and technical consultants and recruit open source contributors. Promote use of the BEE among sustainability professionals as we seek to reduce barriers to carbon measurement.
- Contribute to an excellent measurement and certification experience for certifying companies.
Here’s what we’re looking for in a candidate
- At least five years of experience in greenhouse gas accounting and/or lifecycle assessment. Direct experience conducting greenhouse gas inventories to analyze complex corporate footprints. Comfort with emission factor datasets and an ability to evaluate alternatives.
- Familiarity with the GHG Protocol, ISO 14064, and other common standards for carbon and sustainability measurement and reporting.
- Knowledge of carbon markets, including both established and emerging methodologies. Direct experience building portfolios of carbon credits for corporate buyers.
- Massive enthusiasm for Climate Neutral’s mission to decrease global carbon emissions.
- Experience working on a small, passionate team in a startup environment.