Code.org is based in Seattle, but several team members are remote; remote candidates are welcome and encouraged to apply
Code.org is a non-profit organization dedicated to expanding participation in computer science by making it available in more schools, and increasing participation by women and underrepresented students of color. Our vision is that every student in every school should have the opportunity to learn computer science.
We believe computer science and computer programming should be part of the core curriculum in education, alongside other science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) courses, such as biology, physics, chemistry and algebra.
At Code.org, our vision is that every student in every school has the opportunity to learn computer science. To support that vision, our Education Programs team builds deep partnerships, professional development programs, curricula, and resources to enable schools to implement high quality, equitable K-12 computer science pathways.
As part of our Education Programs Team, Code.org is looking for a Director to lead the Program Development and Operations Team (PDOT) in developing and executing our national level education program in support of teachers, students, facilitators and our Regional Partner network. The PDOT team works in collaboration with the Outreach Team, Curriculum Team, and Professional Learning Team to expand access to computer science in schools and increase participation by young women and underrepresented youth. The successful candidate for this role must have proven leadership ability in an established organization with expertise in leading teams and working groups, project management and operational skills.
In this role, you will:
• Support the vision and direction of our existing national education programs and evaluate new program opportunities in collaboration with the Chief Program Officer and Education Programs Leadership Team
• Actively lead and manage the Program Development and Operations Team, ensuring that team members have the skills, resources, and support needed for growth and development
• Provide ongoing management of Regional Partner Program to ensure that desired program outcomes and objectives are delivered
• Develop and operationalize existing programs to support our professional learning and curriculum offerings
• Manage program risk through collaborative decision making, the use of data, and problem solving within programs and projects across the Education Programs Team
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
As our ideal candidate, you should have:
• Minimum 5+ years of leadership experience in team management
• An understanding of and passion for equity in K-12 education and computer science
• Experience working in a fast paced nonprofit or start-up environment with a focus on developing and scaling programs
• Exceptional program development, implementation, management, operational skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
• Driven changes at scale for programming across districts/schools
To be successful in this role, we prefer that you have:
• Held a leadership role driving strategy
• Managed the design and evaluation of multi-site educational programs
• K-12 teaching experience and/or K-12 administrator experience
• Familiarity with Code.org’s curriculum and platform offerings.
This job requires flexibility to travel 15% of your working time per year (conferences, meeting partners, etc when travel restrictions are lifted).
We anticipate a start date for the position on or before Sept 30.
Closing date: open until filled
The position is open immediately. Closing date: open until filled.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
BenefitsBENEFITS PACKAGE We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes: • Competitive Salary • Technology subsidy consistent with our Bring Your Own Device environment • Flexible, engaging working environment • Monthly unlimited ORCA pass or equal value transit subsidy; located near public transit hub in Seattle, WA • Paid time off: 3 weeks vacation annually, sick leave, and 'winter break' office closure the two weeks that include Christmas and New Years. • Medical, dental and visio