Code.org is based in Seattle, but several team members are remote; remote candidates are welcome and encouraged to apply. Candidates able to work Pacific Time Zone hours preferred.
Are you passionate about computer science and education? Code.org is a non-profit organization dedicated to growing participation in computer science by making it available in more schools and increasing participation by young women and underrepresented students. Our vision is that every student in every school should have the opportunity to learn computer science. We believe computer science should be part of the core curriculum, alongside other courses such as mathematics, biology, chemistry, or algebra!
As a Software Engineer at Code.org, you’ll join a team delivering software products and operating services used by tens of millions of students and teachers in K-12 classrooms around the world. As a member of our small engineering team, you will own projects and build features end to end, and work on exciting technical challenges using some of the latest web technologies. You will work with your team, product managers, and curriculum writers to build accessible and engaging user experiences. You will ship software regularly while maintaining excellent live site availability. You will contribute to an inclusive, growth-focused, and collaborative team culture!
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Passion for our mission of growing access to computer science education
- Experience working independently on software projects, including the ability to break down project work into smaller features and communicate status updates effectively
- Experience supporting a production high-scale web-based software product or service
In addition, candidates:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
Your application should include a resume and/or a link to your LinkedIn profile and a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience demonstrate the qualifications of the position.
The position is open immediately. Closing date: open until filled.