TechSoup Europe is the European division of TechSoup, headquartered in San Francisco and led by Fundacja TechSoup, an independent Polish Foundation. In the last 33 years, TechSoup has connected over 1.2 million nonprofits and delivered more than US$13.5 billion in technology tools and philanthropic services from over 100 corporate and foundation partners all over the world. TechSoup Europe together with over 40 partner organizations representing many different areas: capacity building, media literacy, civic engagement, social innovation, or digital inclusion, helps nonprofits including grassroots, small, local organizations in 53 European countries and territories build their capacity. We equip changemakers with transformative technology products, knowledge, and services so they may benefit from technology and focus on their mission.
The position is based out of TechSoup European Headquarters in Warsaw, Poland. The Communication Specialist works out of a creative and dynamic office in a highly matrixed environment with ability to travel as well as to work internationally – across different cultures, languages and is a must.
This position reports to the Head of the Grants Department.
- Planning and implementing communication strategy of projects.
- Content creation – writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels in order to promote the project’s activities; improving existing social media channels content, also in cooperation with partners, experts and subcontractors.
- Social media marketing of projects/initiatives- creating, managing and growing the organization’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties.
- Analytics – Using Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives. Set up evaluation, feedback, research and continuous communications mechanisms with the existing communities.
- Represent TechSoup at international events and online event and raising our visibility and profile.
- Supporting the overall project by facilitating communication strategies for different teams (I.e. Training Team, Online Education Platform, and Community Building Events).
- Fostering the work within our team by facilitating and organizing the communication aspect of different project events, gatherings, workshops, camps, meet-ups, according to TechSoup’s standards, and the project requirements.
- Contributing to developing innovative approaches to community engagement for both the project specifically and the team as whole.
- Ensuring timely delivery of own tasks and smooth cooperation and communication with the project team, including project managers, partners, and contractors.
- Excellent own time management and ability to analyze timelines and tasks in the pipeline.
- Ensuring funder satisfaction, with a solid understanding of funders’ formal requirements, and ensuring compliance.
- Using project management tools prescribed by TechSoup.
- Supporting creation and management of project working plans and working budgets.
- Supporting set up of standardized, actionable KPIs, and its monitoring and reporting.
- Managing external contractors, including recruitment, defining statement of works, and ensuring their measurements and milestones are met.
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in a communications role with an emphasis on civic engagement projects.
- BA or other advanced degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field strongly preferred
- Experience with business metrics and key performance indicators.
- Experience in the nonprofit sector a plus.
- Significant professional experience working internationally.
- Knowledge of business metrics and key performance indicators.
- Knowledge and experience in social campaigning, communication, and content creation.
- Understanding of civil society organizations in Europe as well as understanding of CSOs’ technology needs and challenges in implementing technology solutions.
- Understanding of political developments across Europe.
- Cultural awareness and ability to work and negotiate across different cultures and languages.
- Excellent command of English (native preferred)
- Excellent writing skills and social media experience.
- Flexibility to travel in Europe and elsewhere as required (condition permitting)
- Based in Warsaw.
For your contribution and passion, we can offer:
- An attractive international working environment where you can meet many new, inspiring people from across the world
- Possibility to gain experience in the social enterprise at a global scale
- Employment contract and benefits package (medical and life insurance package included)