You’ll work in a collaborative team environment to help scope, manage, and deliver technology solutions to innovative government and nonprofit partners nationally.
On a given day in this role, you might:
- Tailor implementation plans and coordinate with innovative government and nonprofit clients on strategy, line up resources, partners, and other materials in time for solutions launch
- Conduct a software demo to prospective government clients or partners and present relevant solutions and use cases depending on their interests and needs
- Lead a virtual or in-person training for government or community based service providers on how to implement our texting solutions
- Sketch out user journeys and use cases for a new solution; conduct user interviews and testing with government and nonprofit staff as well as clients
- Manage laterally and upwards with colleagues in our product, engineering, and marketing teams to deliver an external client-facing technical project
- Monitor, triage, and troubleshoot data coming in during a live campaign
- Help write proposals, contracts, reports, training guides, and other collateral
- Code switch between issues of priority to our social mission such as the 2020 census and housing/homelessness, and energy assistance
The Dir. must be adaptive and entrepreneurial, with a problem-solving and positive approach to his/her work. Given the small size of our staff, the ability to plan, multitask, and move at a quick pace in multiple directions is critical. We have limited resources, so creativity, resilience, willingness to work hard, and ability to do more with less are key.
Our ideal candidate:
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree with 3-4 years work experience OR Graduate degree with 2 years of work experience.
- Has an industry background/connection that allows them to empathize and build trusting relationships with government and nonprofit partners and design solutions with the end users in mind.
- Is technologically literate and digitally inclined enough to learn our software platform within the first few weeks on the job. Proficiency with GIS software is a big plus.
- Has a strong operational orientation, with experience scoping, managing, and delivering technical/consulting project deliverables for external clients.
- Can command a room, lead and facilitate conversations, and write compellingly. Being able to do so in Spanish, Chinese, or Vietnamese is a big plus.
- Can demonstrate they can build subject matter expertise on niche topics like the 2020 Census and be able to educate others in simple language about it.
- Has a reputation for acting strategically, thinking tactically, following through and getting things done. You don’t normally drop balls, but if you do, you own it and fix it.
- Performs well in an environment with competing priorities, multiple projects, and a virtual team. Can anticipate needs and address potential issues before they become a problem.
- Has a positive, upbeat, can-do attitude. Thrives with minimal guidance and can work independently, handle ambiguity, and navigate fast-changing requirements.
- Is willing to travel as needed in the area and potentially across the state and nationally.