Hypothesis is seeking a Customer Success Specialist to join our growing Sales team. You’ll help us address the rapidly expanding demand from academic institutions, departments, faculty and students for our digital annotation tool that supports deep reading and social discussion in distance learning environments. This key customer-facing role is responsible for co-managing the full complement of day-to-day activities that support our pilot and production partners, interacting heavily with both technical support and sales to ensure that our users and partners have a seamless experience, and are delighted by their use of Hypothesis products.
To be successful in this position, the individual must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset and a team-player attitude who has a proven track record in managing customer facing software implementation projects while also sharing in our larger vision of a world where annotation is as common as comments, but more useful and engaging.
About the team
Hypothesis is a small edtech start-up company with financial backing that is ramping up to respond to high demand from stakeholders across the education marketplace. We work with educators, schools and publishers to bring new, innovative capabilities and workflows over digital content.
We are a diverse, supportive, highly collaborative, 100% remote team of technologists, educators, scientists, and business people working together to bring new capabilities to the web. We code in the open (our repos are public and liberally licensed) and help drive standards for annotation. Though we operate remotely, we are a close-knit team that communicates via Slack, video chat, GitHub, and Google Docs across 8 time zones.
About the role
In this role, you will work with other members of the success and sales team to support individuals and institutions using Hypothesis technologies, shepherding pilots from onboarding to conversion, maintaining the subscription cycle for current customers, and contributing to the company’s overall sales cycle and sales business processes.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Hosting product demonstrations and training sessions for potential and existing customers.
- Developing and managing client relationships.
- Troubleshooting and identifying solutions to issues raised by pilot participants and partners, escalating to our Support team as necessary.
- Engaging deeply and directly with Hypothesis technologies to establish and maintain a working knowledge of the digital annotation product.
- Collaborating with the success team to create and manage our success resources onboard and improve customer experience.
- Gathering qualitative and quantitative metrics to help identify value for partners as part of conversion to production and renewal of subscription.
- Working with a multi-functional team and communicating proactively to resolve issues.
- Working with our support and sales teams to deepen and expand use of Hypothesis products.
This role reports to the Vice President, Education.
You take great satisfaction in working with customers to find what they want, create solutions and ensure success. You are tenacious and resilient in achieving your goals and objectives.
Skills and experience you possess:
- Previous experience in education, whether at an educational institution, education publisher, or ed-tech company
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems and other ed-tech platforms and tools
- Tech-savvy: able to speak to customers clearly and concisely about our product’s features and benefits
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective project management skills
You will be successful at Hypothesis if you:
- Are tenacious, self-directed, and highly motivated
- Are committed to excellence and improvement
- Are easy to get along with
- Have previous remote work experience
- Have strong time management and communication skills
- Have strong problem-solving skills
- Can communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues (especially important in a remote organization)
- Have an approach to your work that allows for growth and change