Do you have a passion for technology and social good? Would you like to make a difference in the lives of people who are supported by Benetech’s nonprofit mission of technology serving humanity? We need you….come join our team!
Benetech’s Bookshare program serves hundreds of thousands students, throughout the U.S and globally. As a Customer Support Specialist you will play an integral part in supporting one of our largest communities, people with reading barriers. You will be customer facing, and a professional individual who enjoys providing stellar service, and wants to have an immediate and positive impact in the lives of Bookshare’s customers. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a dedicated and highly successful team.
Note – these are two part-time positions requiring 20-29 hours per week, both positions must be available during (EST) Eastern Standard Time business hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide a high level of customer service and support to Bookshare customers via phone and email
• As part of a team, support over 800,000 members with a broad range of technical support issues, including computer hardware and software as well as assistive technology devices and applications
• Assist individuals and organizations throughout and outside the U.S. in getting started with and using Bookshare
• Analyze existing accounts, check for errors and anomalies, and otherwise monitor overall data integrity of membership databases
• Support users on mobile platforms, assistive technology devices, PC and Mac platforms
• Test new Bookshare features, as well as updates to related reading technologies, and plan for impact on customers from a support viewpoint
• Manage and document member interactions using our Salesforce.com online tracking system
• Train groups of members in how to use Bookshare and related reading tools, as needed
• Must have previous customer service experience, preferably in a “customer success” role
• Experience with Salesforce.com’s software and reporting
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience and familiarity with both web-based and mobile applications
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle high call volumes
• Ability to work U.S. Eastern Time business hours
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Familiarity with assistive technology devices and software
• Familiarity with spoken and written Spanish