Digital Green is a global development organization that empowers smallholder farmers to lift themselves out of poverty by harnessing the collective power of technology and grassroots-level partnerships. We join forces with governments, private agencies and, most importantly, rural communities themselves to co-create digital solutions that are of the community and for the community. When farmers have the tools they need to connect with one another, they’re far more likely to apply what they’ve learned on their farms and in their households–improving their own livelihoods and those of others in their community, in a manner that’s nutrition-sensitive, climate-resilient, and inclusive.
So far, Digital Green has reached 1.5 million rural community members across over 8,000 villages in India, Ethiopia, Afghanistan, Ghana, Niger and Tanzania. Collaborating with over 20 partners, Digital Green has helped facilitate the production and dissemination of over 4,000 localized videos in 28 languages. Digital Green operates from offices in San Francisco, New Delhi, Addis Ababa and Washington, DC. Digital Green is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the US. For more information, please visit Digital Green’s website: www.digitalgreen.org.
Digital Green is entering an exciting phase of development as it expands its activities to additional countries in Asia and Africa. We are seeking a versatile new team member to support our dynamic global operations.
As a key member of Digital Green’s Internal Operations team, the Operations Coordinator will work across the organization to support our global staff and growth. The Operations Coordinator will become well-versed in the systems we use to manage HR, finance, and project administration and processes—and will be a key resource for our staff. In addition to supporting critical HR and accounting functions, the Operations Coordinator will provide general office and vendor coordination for our US team, serving as our primary contact for vendors / contracts and event / meeting management. The Operations Coordinator will demonstrate stellar organizational skills in providing travel, scheduling, and other administrative support for both our Executive Director and Board. As an expert user of DG’s systems and with visibility into various aspects of how we work, the Operations Coordinator will be keen to help identify opportunities to improve our efficiency and overall employee engagement.
The ideal candidate will be both detail-oriented and systems-minded, excited to learn about many aspects of a global non-profit, and eager to delve into the challenges and opportunities that come with being a growing organization.
Responsibilities and Duties
- System Support & Process Improvement
- Provide troubleshooting support to global employees on Digital Green’s systems
- Communicate system updates and advisories to the global team
- Make requested updates to the Digital Green website
- Support and maintain knowledge management systems
- Review invoices for proper approval and prepare payment requests
- Assist with month end closing activities, including booking journal entries, credit card reconciliation and expense reports
- Human Resources
- Administer HR systems to support major activities: recruiting, hiring, onboarding, performance management cycles, and offboarding
- Update HR Information System globally, ensuring data is kept current across locations and system is being used effectively by staff
- Support US HR benefits administration
- Employee Engagement & Culture
- Support process for administering Employee Engagement surveys and follow-up
- Coordinate activity planning and provide operational support to internal engagement community group
- Create monthly internal newsletter using information collected from staff and coordinate global team calls and reviews
- Office & Vendor Management
- Support procurement of goods and services, including coordination of process from requisition to contracting
- Serve as point of contact with travel agency and other third-party vendors￼
- Support meeting coordination and scheduling
- Handle all mail and shipments for the SF office
- Maintain and order office supplies
- Executive and Board Support
- Schedule internal meetings, book travel, and file expenses for Executive Director
- Provide scheduling and travel coordination for Board calls and meetings; draft meeting minutes and share materials / presentations
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors degree or equivalent / relevant experience
- Experience in a professional environment (1 – 2 years)
- Tech-savvy, with knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office (familiarity with other systems, e.g. Box, a plus)
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Be a creative thinker and problem-solver
- Have experience or be interested in working in diverse teams, including across cultures / countries / time zones
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.