Digital Green is seeking talented writers to add to our Consultant Database to fill short-term proposal writing and/or donor project reporting activities. Qualified consultants will contribute to business development and/or donor reporting efforts for projects based in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia focused on ICT for development, agriculture, and nutrition. Consultants should be available on short notice for often intensive, but limited periods of work. In most cases, consultants will work remotely, although international travel may be required for particular assignments.
Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
- Work closely with Digital Green’s business development/strategy team and field-based country and technical leads to gather the information needed to: formulate project design and approach; produce competitive proposals; and/or complete donor-requested reports and briefs.
- Provide first and second drafts for review by Digital Green staff on agreed deadlines.
- Address reviewers’ comments in coordination with technical leads to gather additional information as needed.
- Ensure documents meet donor criteria and requirements and Digital Green standards.
- Exceptional writing skills and proven track record of creating compelling, clear, substantive and succinct proposals, reports and briefing papers for international development donors, as evidenced by client feedback and proposal win rate.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to adhere to and work successfully under tight internal and external deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and write about complex topics.
- Experience interviewing subject matter experts and synthesizing information from multiple sources to develop substantive narratives.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, multitask, and be flexible and responsive to changing demands.
- Ability to work as a culturally aware team player and able to work in an international setting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in and access to Microsoft Word.
- Technical expertise in ICT for development, agriculture or nutrition.
- Experience working in Africa and/or South Asia
Bachelor’s degree in relevant topical area and/or English, Communications, or a technical discipline required. Master’s degree preferred.