Color Of Change is running an innovative online and offline organizing program to build leadership and power in Black communities across the country. This organizing program is about empowering Black people to hold elected officials accountable to their communities and building political power in Black communities while centering Black Joy. If that sounds strategic and exciting to you, please apply.
The Digital and Communications Team is a key part of this organizing program, designing ways to tell the story of our collective work and grow our brand’s presence through creative channels, paid and earned media, social media, and public communications. The Digital Manager position is perfect for someone excited about helping execute a large-scale member recruitment and engagement program.
This position will report to the Senior Digital Manager and responsibilities include:
- Engage and organize Color Of Change PAC members and micro-influencers to submit user-generated videos and other content pieces
- Develop creative tactics to use member-generated video content on Color Of Change PAC’s existing and emerging channels, including TikTok and IGTV
- Help place and manage electoral video ads on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and other potential and emerging platforms
- Develop systems to track the engagement and reach of Color Of Change PAC’s member-generated content, create regular reports for management
- Help create leadership opportunities for our member leaders and develop programs that help to celebrate their work
- Help prep talent, members, and staff leading into productions, including creative briefs, call sheets, final scripts and research on guests when needed
- A strong racial justice analysis, and a commitment to centering and uplifting Black joy
- The ability to prioritize among competing priorities and multi-task across a broad spectrum of collaborators; enjoys working independently, as well as on a team to meet deadlines
- Experience directly organizing with people and building deep relationships, including through digital means
- Experience using video and storytelling as organizing tools preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Snapchat
- Flexibility with work schedule; this position requires frequent evening and weekend work to respond to breaking news;
- A commitment to civil rights and racial justice
- A meticulous eye for detail
How to Apply: Interested applicants should click the “Apply for this position” link and submit a resume and COC PAC-tailored cover letter.
Compensation: $76,000. This is a full-time, temporary position (ending in December 2020).
Color Of Change is an equal opportunity employer. Color Of Change prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.