Senior Software Engineer – Dost Education – Edtech – Non-profit – Delhi, India
You will work closely with the Chief Technology Officer to build and scale the technology platform and the team at Dost Education as we scale to 1 million families by 2025.
Dost is an edtech nonprofit building a platform to expand access to early childhood development in low-resource settings through parent education. Our mission is to unlock children’s full potential by focusing on early learning – the time when 90% of our brains develop.
We believe that parents of any literacy level can play a critical role in developing their children’s school and life readiness. Our work is currently in India, where 150 million women are considered illiterate and 50% of 5th graders can’t read at a 2nd grade level.
That’s why our team at Dost Education – educators, entrepreneurs, and engineers – are passionate about using technology and user-centric product design to change the trajectory of families’ lives.
In two years, we’ve grown from a small pilot with a few hundred mothers, to reaching over 50,000 families. Join us as we continue to innovate, grow our reach, and deepen our impact. We are funded by Y Combinator and the Mulago Foundation.
Dost Education values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In this role, you will:
– Work with Dost’s leaders to create and deliver on Dost’s vision of supporting low income families with child development.
– Drive the roadmap and priorities for engineering, and work with dependencies across the company.
– Design, build, and maintain technology services, processes and systems for new and existing features and solve problems end to end.
– Be a leader who can create a strong engineering culture, introduce strong and relevant processes eg. leveraging automation in build, test and deployment.
– Develop, mentor and retain engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers and also attract great engineers to the team.
You’ll be a great fit if you:
– Enjoy being a generalist working on the frontend, backend, ETL, cloud infrastructure and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users
– Can write high quality code, can provide actionable feedback to other engineers through code reviews and mentorship
– Are comfortable and well versed with working on a wide variety of technologies even if you have not worked with them before
– Have a sense of urgency and can move quickly without sacrificing quality and architecture and take pride in working on projects to successful completion
– Have skills for upholding best practices in engineering, security, and design
– Thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility and encourage a healthy work environment that is both supportive and challenging
– Work very well cross-functionally, think rigorously, communicate effectively and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
– Have experience leading and managing engineers in a fast paced environment
How to apply:
If you are interested, email us at email@example.com by April 15, 2020 with subject line – “[FFWD job posting] Senior Engg role” :
– A short cover letter that includes why you are interested in Dost and this role
– Your resume / CV and github handle