About Fast Forward:
The world’s biggest social problems, from education to human rights, deserve the best technology solutions. Fast Forward invests in a unique league of entrepreneurs building social impact tech. Fast Forward’s investments span beyond philanthropic funding through programs like our Accelerator, events like Accelerate Good Global, digital content, and online communities that equip tech nonprofits with what they need to scale.
Fast Forward’s mission is to accelerate good, and we do this by focusing exclusively on scaling organizations that combine original tech products with sustainable nonprofit business models. We’re building a movement in tech for good, and work closely with corporations, philanthropists, entrepreneurs, and technologists to make this vision a reality.
About the Role:
We are seeking someone who has a passion for social impact, tech, and entrepreneurship. As the Events and Operations Associate, you will work closely with Co-Founders and the Program and Partnerships teams to execute best-in-class, in-person experiences that spur growth and excitement for social impact tech both internally and externally. In short, you will be the go-to-person for events and office culture. A true startup environment, you will be tasked with a range of responsibilities to facilitate events and create an office culture that reflects our values and organization’s spirit.
Event Planning, Management, and Execution:
- Lead execution of sector-defining events, including Accelerate Good Global, Demo Days, alumni retreats, accelerator sessions, and tech nonprofit & Corporate Social Responsibility leader meetups
- Collaborate with the Program and Partnerships teams to execute event strategy including the design, logistics, vendor management, invite list, budget, team coordination, CRM maintenance, and post-event analysis for all events
Office Happiness & Operations:
- Arrange board meetings, retreats, and team parties
- Maintain office, including ordering office supplies and snacks
- Passionate about social impact, technology and entrepreneurship
- Experience with event planning and/or office administration
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – you love nothing more than creating and hosting fantastic event experiences
- Detail oriented and able to successfully execute on multiple projects and tasks at once
- Skilled in project management and prioritization
- Can-do personality with a good sense of humor
- Entrepreneurial team player with enthusiasm for startup culture
Nice to Have:
- Relish being a great host
- Excited by creating and maintaining systems
- Experience with CRMs
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- 401k retirement plan & employer matching
- Office is located in a beautiful national park – The Presidio – with free transit to downtown San Francisco
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Curated office snacks, and most importantly, input on the order
This position is based in San Francisco, CA. Fast Forward is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Careers [at] ffwd [dot] org with the subject: Events and Operations Associate + Your Name