About Global Citizen
Our mission is to build a movement of 100MM Global Citizens whose actions will help achieve our vision of a world without extreme poverty by 2030.
Global Citizen is a movement of engaged citizens who are using their collective voice to end extreme poverty by 2030. On our platform, Global Citizens learn about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, take action on those issues, and earn rewards for their actions — as part of a global community committed to lasting change.
So far, more than 13 million actions have been taken by Global Citizens, leading to $35 billion commitments being made by world leaders, which are set to affect 1.3 billion lives by 2030.
We are looking for a Product Owner to join our team for a maximum of 10 weeks at our NYC office located in Soho.
Global Citizen is hosting our event in Central Park at the end of September. The Festival hosts over 60,000 people and has featured headliners like Beyonce, Rihanna, the Weeknd, Pearl Jam and more. It is broadcast to over 24MM people around the world. This event requires quite a lot of product to make it run smoothly for our festival attendees. In addition to entering to win tickets through our app, we create multiple web pages and experiences on-site day of to encourage action taking and engagement throughout the Festival “season” (beginning with our launch of the event in early August).
We need an experienced, multi-talented and enthusiastic Product Owner to come onboard for a maximum of 10 weeks to help us get to the Festival with grace. This person will be in the weeds from day 1, working with our development and product teams to ensure that all runs smoothly and that everything happens according to schedule and spec. This role will be a bit different from the standard PO role, as the majority of the work will be keeping on top of our schedule and helping to communicate between teams, troubleshooting and ensuring everything runs smoothly (including being on-hand for testing and tweaking the day of the Festival (walking and standing for several hours)).
- Ensure on-time delivery of major products: website landing page, app pages, and more
- Keep lines of communication open between marketing, tech, product and comms
- Create and maintain reporting dashboards using Domo to demonstrate success and show progress to goals
- Help with testing and placement of on-site activations like beacons
- Troubleshoot with the development and product teams for issues that arise on the fly
- Work closely with the app development team, L+R, to ensure success for all product additions surrounding the Festival
Required Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated ownership of product backlogs and ability to work in high-demand environments
- Demonstrated relationship management between product, development/engineering and other departments
- Excellent communication skills. Be able to partner with, explain and translate product and development language for key stakeholders
- Demonstrated Agile and PM Experience with digital brands (agency experience a plus)
- Must be comfortable making timely decisions under pressure
- Nice to have: Prior experience owning products with multiple platforms (web and app)
- Nice to have: Prior experience with large scale events
- A “can do” attitude. This role is non-traditional and will require a variety of responsibilities
- Reports Sr. Director of Product, UX and Design and to the Senior Product Owner, Guy Kirkpatrick
- Must be authorized for employment in the United States
- Based in New York City and able to work in office