About Global Citizen
Our mission is to build a movement of 100MM Global Citizens whose actions will help achieve our vision of a world without extreme poverty by 2030.
Global Citizen is a movement of engaged citizens who are using their collective voice to end extreme poverty by 2030. On our platform, Global Citizens learn about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, take action on those issues, and earn rewards for their actions — as part of a global community committed to lasting change.
So far, more than 13 million actions have been taken by Global Citizens, leading to $35 billion commitments being made by world leaders, which are set to affect 1.3 billion lives by 2030.
GC seeks a self-directed individual with a proven track record of stewarding long-term relationships and securing financial resources for an organization to be our Senior Director of Business Development. The primary role is to lead, review, and move forward the strategy to grow income through corporate sponsorships. S/he will identify, cultivate, and solicit gifts from new funders and corporations. S/he will work closely with GC senior leadership to create and fulfill the funder experience. The successful candidate will have demonstrated fundraising success and high-level organizational skills to manage complex projects.
While the exact responsibilities may vary from time to time, the main duties can be summarized as follows:
- Drive prospect identification efforts to grow the base of corporate partners
- Provide thought leadership within Corporate Partnerships around platform development, prospecting & sales and overall group strategy
- Create compelling presentations, sales materials and proposals that appropriately represent new platforms in sales efforts
- Leverage industry expertise, market trends and deep knowledge of client’s needs to generate extensive client growth
- Assure the business development team’s revenue and expenditures remain in line with targeted budget goals; and that processes and database management protocols are followed
- Work with sales and creative teams to build high impact integrated Global Citizen platforms that drive brands’ marketing objectives
- Drive results in a fast paced, resource-conscious environment with a creative style and a strong vision
- Establish annual work plans, revenue targets and key performance indicators in close collaboration senior leadership team
Business development management positions require a bachelor’s degree and a minimum 10 years of sales or relationship management experience.
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to network, persuade, prospect, and speak publicly in a compelling way
- Strong research and writing skills
- Proven ability to plan and solicit donations, identify donor interests and challenges, and maintain industry knowledge
- Demonstrate a professional manner
- Knowledge of CRM, Google suite, and Microsoft suite
- Maintain a commitment to eradicating extreme poverty by 2030