An opportunity to be part of a dynamic third sector organisation at the cutting edge of digital and community development across the UK.
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital inclusion organisation. Around 11.5 million people in the UK still don’t have the basic platform of confidence and skills to use digital technology and the internet. Our mission is to help them bridge this gap and become digitally confident and capable.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 2 million people improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes from employment through to health and wellbeing – and our target is to help 2 million more by the end of the decade.
We are now looking for an Intern for the Design & Research Team for 6 months who will support members of the team across a portfolio of work, specifically including support with quantitative and qualitative research on two major Good Things projects
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the delivery of research and design activities including:
- Quantitative data collection and analysis
- Fieldwork and desk research (quantitative and qualitative research)
- Find effective ways to communicate data
- Positive relationships with external partners and partners within the Online Centres Network involved in research projects
- Contribute to reports for internal and external publication
- Ensure regular and timely communications about your activity to the Design and Research Team alongside the wider Good Things Foundation organisation.
- Ensure an excellent standard in professional presentation when communicating with internal and external partners including community partners and funders
Innovation and design
- Notify the Design & Research Team of any additional opportunities for income generation or partnership development that arise as a result of project evaluation or other research
- Contribute to service design activities
You will have experience of:
- Research in academia (degree level or higher) or practice.
- Understanding and experience of using quantitative research methods and analysing quantitative datasets
- Understanding and experience of using qualitative research methods (preferably with experience of conducting qualitative fieldwork)
With the following knowledge and skills:
- Quantitative research skills: identifying, appraising and analysing a variety of quantitative data sets
- Qualitative research skills
- Excellent written skills
- Confident communicator
- Ability to think innovatively
- Ability to think critically
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise
- Proactive with the ability to collaborate and work positively
- Knowledge of at least one of the strategic areas in which Good Things Foundation operates (digital inclusion and social inclusion)