An opportunity to be part of a dynamic third sector organisation at the cutting edge of digital and community development across the UK.
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital inclusion organisation. Around 11.5 million people in the UK still don’t have the basic platform of confidence and skills to use digital technology and the internet. Our mission is to help them bridge this gap and become digitally confident and capable.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 2 million people improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes from employment through to health and wellbeing – and our target is to help 2 million more by the end of the decade.
We are now looking for a Digital Inclusion Manager for twelve months who has excellent communication, project and partner/stakeholder management skills. You will be at the heart of realising Good Things Foundation’s charitable mission through the effective delivery of projects and management of partner relationships.
Analytical and inquisitive, you will draw on research, evidence and learning to develop projects and models of delivery that change people’s lives.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of Good Things Foundation’s funded projects to the highest quality standards, overseeing the development and delivery of projects across the different specialist teams in Good Things Foundation whilst maintaining positive and productive working relationships with funding partners
- Identifying new opportunities and securing new income that enables Good Things Foundation to increase its impact;
- Helping to shape and contributing to the delivery of Good Things Foundation’s Digital Inclusion Programme, identifying the actions Good Things Foundation will take to maximise its impact on digital exclusion.
You will have experience of:
- Developing project proposals and securing agreement from external partners
- Costing/pricing work and negotiating terms
- Experience of successfully delivering complex projects that involve a range of partners or stakeholders
- Managing complex budgets across different projects
- Making difficult decisions to remove blockers and keep delivery on track
- Analysing policies and producing briefings
- Public speaking and/or delivering workshops
With the following knowledge and skills:
- Excellent communication, project and partner/stakeholder management skills
- Analytical and inquisitive with the ability to draw on research, evidence and learning to develop projects
- A strong character who is people focused with exceptional interpersonal, organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to use judgement, discretion and make decisions.
- A self starter who can work creatively with confidence under their own initiative within a team environment.
- Ability to collaborate and work positively across teams.
- Commitment to delivering Good Things Foundation’s mission in partnership with others.
- Confident in using Google docs and ideally other Google Apps (sheets, slides etc)
- Knowledge of commercial and business processes (management, pricing, delivery)
- Commitment to reducing social and digital exclusion
There will be frequent travel around the UK in this role with some overnight stays.