An opportunity to be part of a dynamic third sector organisation at the cutting edge of digital and community development across the UK.
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital inclusion organisation. Around 11.5 million people in the UK still don’t have the basic platform of confidence and skills to use digital technology and the internet. Our mission is to help them bridge this gap and become digitally confident and capable.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 2 million people improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes from employment through to health and wellbeing – and our target is to help 2 million more by the end of the decade.
We are looking for a proactive, innovative and motivated Junior Software Developer to be part of the team responsible for the design, development and maintenance of our digital products. You will be developing code to ensure the successful delivery and evolution of our digital products.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To work closely with other developers and business users to develop new and existing digital products that help meet our social aims
- To contribute to the end to end web development process, from requirements and design through to coding and server administration
- Carry out duties delegated by other members of the digital team
- Provide quick and efficient resolution to system issues for internal and commercial customers
- Support the wider team in their use of the internal IT systems
- To support the digital team with any general needs it may have such as: assisting user testing; liaising with suppliers and commercial customers; product usage monitoring; and other duties as they may arise to help with the team deliver its diverse needs
You will have the following knowledge and skills:
- Excellent communication skills – to deal with people at different levels throughout the business
- Great analytical and problem solving skills – to translate business problems into technical solutions
- Excellent planning and organisational skills – the ability to work to tight deadlines and to develop technical solutions in a fast moving team environment