About the Role
You care deeply about usability, understand the difference between a power user and a newbie, obsess over pixel perfection, stay up fixing laggy animation that bothers you oh so much, believe in quick iterations and turnaround times, and want to be part of a diverse team that produces a product that will impact teachers and students worldwide.
You’ll work closely with our Web Product Team to build a seamless and productive learning experience. You will be responsible for building front end for web and/or mobile applications and conducting research on emerging technologies. You will be required to be an active contributor at all levels of software development process.
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent with a strong academic record
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in building UI for web and mobile
- Experience with GWT, JS, JQuery, AJAX
- Deep understanding of DOM, XML, and JSON
- Fluency in RESTful architecture
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to self-motivate, multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Application must include a link to past work (ex: Github, published websites)
- Experience in (HCI) Human Computer Interaction design
- High proficiency in Design Patterns and knowledge of Java/C++
- Proficiency in a Linux environment
- Experience building large-scale high-performance systems
- Real-world knowledge of other software development disciplines
- You will rub shoulders with key players in the education and technology spaces–everyone from Bill and Melinda Gates, California State Superintendent Tom Torlakson, The Hewlett Foundation, and Susan Crown.
- You will have the opportunity to quickly “own a space” at a startup in Silicon Valley, and have your work reach hundreds of thousands of students.
- You will join a movement of like-minded entrepreneurs hoping to radically improve education.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume by email with position title in the subject line (no letters, calls, faxes, or drop-ins) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We carefully consider each application, but due to the high volume of applications, we can personally respond only to candidates who we’d like to advance in the interview process. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Non-Discrimination Policy: Employment and Provision of Services
Gooru is an equal opportunity employer. Gooru does not promote or discriminate against any person, population group, or organization with regard to categories protected by applicable United States law. These include, but are not limited to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, physical appearance, language, education background, national origin, age, disability, and veteran status. Gooru will not make any posting or employment decision that does not comply with applicable laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity, employment eligibility requirements or related matters