About the Role
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be in charge of maintaining the quality of our product. In particular, you will be responsible for building advanced automated test suites to exercise our search engine. You will be expected to derive performance metrics and pinpoint areas of improvement, conduct research on emerging technologies, and perform deep security testing for our platform. You will also analyze a complicated software system and design a strategy to test this system. You will also produce reports from product testing and interact with the Product, Engineering, and Partnerships teams to resolve any issues across our platform. You will play an important role in ensuring that every student and teacher that uses Gooru has a beautiful, flawless experience. This is a contract to hire position.
- You hold a Bachelors in Computer Science or similar field. (or 4 years relevant work experience)
- You have 2-3 years of relevant work experience, including development and/or test automation experience.
- You have an insanely high bar for quality, and constantly push yourself to the limits fo find areas of improvement.
- You obsess over details–nothing gets passed you.
- You are persistent and won’t stop until a job is completed.
- You are very familiar with SQT tools like Selenium and JMeter.
- You have significant experience with testing distributed applications.
- You are motivated–and not discouraged–by difficult problems.
- You are true team player, and you are not averse to getting your hands dirty with projects.
- Excellent scripting skills in at least one common language (Python, Perl, Shell)
- Proficient in a Linux environment
- Deep knowledge of internet technologies
- You will rub shoulders with key players in the education and technology spaces–everyone from Bill and Melinda Gates, California State Superintendent Tom Torlakson, The Hewlett Foundation, and Susan Crown.
- You will have the opportunity to quickly “own a space” at a startup in Silicon Valley, and have your work reach hundreds of thousands of students.
- You will join a movement of like-minded entrepreneurs hoping to radically improve education.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume by email with position title in the subject line (no letters, calls, faxes, or drop-ins) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We carefully consider each application, but due to the high volume of applications, we can personally respond only to candidates who we’d like to advance in the interview process. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Non-Discrimination Policy: Employment and Provision of Services
Gooru is an equal opportunity employer. Gooru does not promote or discriminate against any person, population group, or organization with regard to categories protected by applicable United States law. These include, but are not limited to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, physical appearance, language, education background, national origin, age, disability, and veteran status. Gooru will not make any posting or employment decision that does not comply with applicable laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity, employment eligibility requirements or related matters