Gooru (www.gooru.org) is a Bay Area-based nonprofit committed to building an open and collaborative online community of educators, learners, partners, and developers to facilitate personalized learning for every student. Gooru has developed a Learning Navigator — a “GPS” for learning. Gooru empowers students by providing them with insights into their strengths and gaps in learning, information on what has worked for students like them, and access to crowd-sourced courses from amazing teachers around the world. Teachers curate standards aligned online K-12 courses of digital resources and assessments to create learning pathways customized for their class, and publish their courses to an open, global community.
In November of 2014, Gooru was presented at The Tech Awards with the Microsoft Education Award. In the awards ceremony, they recognized the organization’s innovation in education and featured an inspiring story about a Gooru teacher and student. Gooru was founded by Prasad “Pram” Ram in 2011 and had been supported by leading foundations and philanthropists. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, Gooru has and always will be a mission-focused organization whose products are free of cost and ads. Although it is a not-for-profit entity, Gooru’s culture is similar to that of many tech start-ups. For more information about Gooru’s solution and impact with students, review the Gooru Overviewor visit our website (about.gooru.org).
About the Role
As a Sales Associate, you’ll prospect and identify key decision-makers at target organizations to lay the foundation for a strong relationship. You’re an energetic and organized self-starter. You understand the sales process, can build relationships with the right decision-makers, and can succinctly define and communicate about Gooru’s Learning Navigator. You will be a key driver of growth for the organization and on the front lines for evangelizing our product to prospective and existing users.
- Collaborate with sales team to achieve sales objectives and key performance indicators
- Establish a list of potential customers to find decision-makers and identify prospects
- Actively call on potential customers off of the defined account list
- Demonstrate the product to potential customers
- Keep abreast of changing business trends that impact the business and translate that understanding into business opportunities
- Manage the entire sales process on Salesforce to track activities and report to leadership on a weekly basis
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- At least 2 years of B2B Sales, Digital Content Sales preferred but not required
- Must have a strong command of technology use. Experience in selling to EdTech is a plus!
- Exceptional presentation skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to concisely convey value proposition.
- Experience performing in an individual contributor capacity with an individual sales target
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to self-motivate, multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We carefully consider each application and we will personally respond to the candidates as we move through the process.
Non-Discrimination Policy: Employment and Provision of Services
Gooru is an equal opportunity employer. Gooru does not promote or discriminate against any person, population group, or organization with regard to categories protected by applicable United States law. These include, but are not limited to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, physical appearance, language, education background, national origin, age, disability, and veteran status. Gooru will not make any posting or employment decision that does not comply with applicable laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity, employment eligibility requirements or related matters.