About the Role
You care deeply about usability, understand the difference between a power user and a newbie, obsess over pixel perfection, stay up fixing laggy animation that bothers you oh so much, believe in quick iterations and turnaround times, and want to be part of a diverse team that produces a product that will impact teachers and students worldwide.
You’ll work closely with our Web Product Team to build a seamless and productive learning experience. You will be responsible for building front end for web and/or mobile applications and conducting research on emerging technologies. You will be required to be an active contributor at all levels of software development process.
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent with a strong academic record
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in building UI for web and mobile
- Experience with relevant front-end technologies – HTML5 / CSS, JS and AngularJS, EmberJS, Sencha, or ReactJS; Struts, Spring, GWT, JQuery
- Deep understanding of DOM, XML, and JSON
- Fluency in RESTful architecture
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to self-motivate, multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in (HCI) Human Computer Interaction design
- Excellent knowledge of Java/JEE & comfortable navigating across tech stack for troubleshooting
- Experience with building web applications with globalization & accessibility concerns
- Understands data security and privacy concerns and implementation practices
- Proficiency in a Linux environment
- Experience building large-scale high-performance systems
- Real-world knowledge of other software development disciplines
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume along with a link to past work (ex: Github, published websites) by email with position title in the subject line (no letters, calls, faxes, or drop-ins) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We carefully consider each application, but due to the high volume of applications, we can personally respond only to candidates who we’d like to advance in the interview process. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Non-Discrimination Policy: Employment and Provision of Services
Gooru is an equal opportunity employer. Gooru does not promote or discriminate against any person, population group, or organization with regard to categories protected by applicable United States law. These include, but are not limited to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, physical appearance, language, education background, national origin, age, disability, and veteran status. Gooru will not make any posting or employment decision that does not comply with applicable laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity, employment eligibility requirements or related matters.