About the Role
You care deeply about performance, obsess over quality of product, play the unpardoning customer in testing out the product, relentlessly try to reproduce a bug that looks elusive, supports developer troubleshoot complex issues, believe in quick iterations and turnaround times, and want to be part of a diverse team that produces a product that will impact teachers and students worldwide.
You’ll work closely with our Product Team to build a seamless and productive learning experience. You will be responsible for building a highly scalable learning platform and conducting research on emerging technologies. You will be required to be an active contributor at all levels of software development process.
- BS / BTech or equivalent with a strong academic record
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in building automation platform
- Expertise in design & implementation of automation strategy for web applications
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver, Robot, JMeter, SoapUI, Locust and/or LoadRunner
- Experience with MySQL or other relational databases; and any NoSQL databases
- Experience with CI/CD platforms – Jenkins, Bamboo or such platforms
- Good programming skill – preferably Java and any other scripting language
- Ability to design for load and performance test cases
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to self-motivate, multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates a sense of pride and delivery ownership
- Experience with MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Linux environment exposure and scripting knowledge
- Experience with automated testing against multiple devices (like AppThwack, TestDroid)
- Experience around sign off on large-scale high-performance systems
- Real-world knowledge of other software development disciplines, relevant technology landscape
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume along with a link to past work (ex: Github, published websites) by email with position title in the subject line (no letters, calls, faxes, or drop-ins) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We carefully consider each application, but due to the high volume of applications, we can personally respond only to candidates who we’d like to advance in the interview process. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Non-Discrimination Policy: Employment and Provision of Services
Gooru is an equal opportunity employer. Gooru does not promote or discriminate against any person, population group, or organization with regard to categories protected by applicable United States law. These include, but are not limited to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, physical appearance, language, education background, national origin, age, disability, and veteran status. Gooru will not make any posting or employment decision that does not comply with applicable laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity, employment eligibility requirements or related matters.