We are an award-winning mobile technology platform that significantly increases community college graduation rates. Proven to enhance student persistence and completion, GradGuru helps students keep track of academic and financial aid deadlines, guides them through critical milestones, and encourages and rewards students for behaviors proven to lead to academic success. Our modern platform has been found to be especially effective for first-generation and low-income students.
We are a start-up nonprofit organization that is experiencing a trajectory of growth. We are ramping up 25 community colleges, with significant interest and opportunity to make impact nationwide.
We’re looking to hire a Customer Success Manager. You will own and play an integral role in our partner onboarding, account management, retention, and renewal.
This is a key hire for GradGuru, with room to grow. Supporting and reporting to the CEO, this is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial candidate who likes to work independently and on a dynamic team passionate about their mission.
Role & Responsibilities
The Customer Success Manager will manage college partner accounts, including implementation, and ongoing communication and support. You will be the primary contact for existing and new accounts, providing updates on our product, identifying challenges, and assisting with partner success management.
Key responsibilities include building relationship; supporting their adoption and retention, and up-selling:
- Actively engage, support and manage new partner implementation processes
- Coordinate and lead all administrative preparations for partner college kick-off meetings, deployment, and long-term care
- Organize, attend and co-lead kick-off meetings, manage all follow-up
- Create student-facing in-app content, which includes transposing kick-off content, writing, editing, etc.
- Support colleges in the successful adoption and engagement of students on platform
- Work with partners to set goals for adoption
- Increase partner retention by conducting regular check-in calls for tactical items, and perform quarterly health checks for strategic reviews
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to partner needs and objectives
- Function as the voice of the partner and provide internal feedback on how GradGuru can improve student and college experience
- Develop and manage partner deployment, change management, and adoption plans
Renewals and Upsell
- Maintain a deep understanding of the product and educate partners about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs.
- Use data and analysis to make recommendation for deeper engagement with GradGuru
- Track accounts to identify churn risk and work proactively to eliminate that risk
- Forecast and track key account metrics
- Generate opportunities for upselling and references within key accounts
- Be a trusted and knowledgeable advisor for Partners
GradGuru is looking for an proactive and energetic individual who has a passion for building great relationships and being an internal advocate for partners.
- 2+ years proven experience in Customer Success
- An understanding of community colleges and the unique challenges students at community colleges face
- Empathetic, friendly, and can build meaningful, trust-based relationships quickly.
- Can ride waves of partner high and lows while remaining empathetic and positive
- Is deeply invested in our partners’ success because they understand that GradGuru is a key way to have a positive impact on students’ lives.
- Ability to participate in 30%-40% travel during two or three specific months of the year
- Exhibit excellent communication skills by phone, email and in-person – and have the confidence to speak effectively with a range of stakeholders and decision makers.
- Proven work ethic, a commitment to personal development and self-motivated.
- Solid organizational and time management skills, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and handle matters with little supervision and with excellent follow up
- A strong entrepreneurial and can-do mindset, undaunted by shifting priorities, uncertainty, and a figuring it out as we go environment
- Enough courage to say I don’t know
- Is based in California and able to commute to our office in Berkeley on an as needed basis.
- Have experience working with (or within) U.S. community college districts, especially within student services