GreatNonprofits’ Sponsorship Manager is responsible for identifying, cultivating,soliciting and stewarding individual, corporate and foundation sponsor prospects to become sponsors for GreatNonprofits’ Top Rated Awards, webinars, and marketing campaigns. The Sponsorship Coordinator will assemble and submit sponsorship requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with current and potential sponsor contacts, conduct prospect research, meet deadlines for event sponsorships.
This position requires someone who has excellent interpersonal skills, as well as research and writing skills, is self-motivated, reliable, organized, thorough and timely. This is a volunteerposition.
Responsibilities:Work with GreatNonprofits leadership to execute annual development plan/strategy to increaseSponsorships Identify and solicit individual, corporate and foundation sponsor prospects.
- Maintain contact and relationships with sponsor prospects
- Renew current major sponsorships and encourage upgrading sponsorship levels whenPossible
- Assemble sponsorships materials, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations
- Ensure prompt acknowledgement of sponsorships received
- Maintain calendar and meet deadlines for event sponsorships
- Prioritize projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner
- Ensure that sponsors receive full benefits of sponsorship, such as logo placement anpromotion via GreatNonprofits’ networks
- Report progress in sponsorship research, sponsorship inquiry and outcome to the GreatNonprofits leadership
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in customer service, fundraising, sales, or marketing
- Excellent Customer Relationship skills, including drafting customized thank you letters and donor reports, as well as crafting new templates
- Excellent written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Creative and passionate about helping nonprofits and communities
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment