Are you a seasoned education researcher eager to make a real difference for preK-12 students nationwide? GreatSchools is looking for an experienced director-level researcher to conduct and facilitate applied research to optimize the impact of our programs on parent engagement and student outcomes. Your work will guide the direction of our programs that help millions of families throughout the United States, and are distributed online and through community organizations.
The Director of Research, reporting to VP, Growth and Strategy, will be responsible for the following activities:
- Identify promising scalable, information-based interventions to pilot and study in the area of parent engagement in preK-12 education, in tight collaboration with product leadership. Outcomes of interest include increased demand for high quality schools and increased involvement in supporting learning at home.
- Drive GreatSchools’ research agenda to better understand the impact of information on parents’ attitudes and behaviors in supporting their children’s education, with a focus on underserved populations.
- Develop partnerships with external experts, researchers, and strategic partners and work with them to facilitate, design, and implement mission-aligned research and evaluation projects.
- Create actionable insights for improving products and programs based on results of internally and externally-driven research.
- Contribute to fundraising and partnership development efforts by effectively communicating about our theory of change, evidence of impact, and areas for further research.
- Translate research findings for a broad audience and contribute to GreatSchools’ thought leadership efforts.
- A passion to improve education for all students and understanding of the K12 education landscape in America.
- Master’s degree or Doctorate (preferred) in education research, behavioral economics, or related social sciences.
- Skilled at engaging researchers and subject-matter experts from multiple disciplines to analyze root causes to problems in preK-12 education and identify promising interventions to test.
- Agility with a wide variety of applied research approaches to guide program design, development and implementation, including both fast-cycle and long-term experimental techniques. Must have significant research experience involving qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Must possess exceptional management and collaboration skills, able to lead and influence high-performing staff and colleagues, while also ready to roll up your sleeves.
- Demonstrated success presenting research to leaders in the field of education, including researchers, practitioners and policymakers.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter, including salary requirements, along with your résumé. Your cover letter should include reasons why you want to work at GreatSchools. Résumés without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Apply now >>