Young Invincibles (YI) is the nation’s leading Millennial research and advocacy group, workingto amplify the voices of young adults in the political process and expand economic opportunityfor our generation. YI seeks an individual giving manager for its Washington, D.C. headquarters.This individual will manage the individual giving and family foundation portfolios of a coalition focused on identifying, developing, and scaling data-driven strategies for increasing college student voter engagement. Working directly with coalition leadership and donors, the individual will establish and grow a pool of individual donors supportive of increasing student voter rates. The individual will be responsible for developing and strengthening the strategies, tools, and systems to sustain and expand individual and family foundation fundraising efforts.
Reports to: Senior Director of Development
- Strengthen prospect pipeline for individual donors and family foundations by proactively and efficiently identifying and researching qualifying new leads.
- Review and analyze the individual donor and family foundation landscape across existing and new sites; identify opportunities to utilize existing relationships to determine points of connection.
- Serve as advisor to Students Learn Students Vote (SLSV) Coalition including researching giving history with a focus on political giving, development of integrated funding requests and establishment of processes and systems for tracking giving and fundraising data.
- Provide expert analysis on the capacity to give and a likelihood of converting prospects to donors, driving toward internal revenue, donor retention and diversification goals.
- Consistently monitor existing donors, building an understanding of individual priorities and potential for upgraded gifts, and planning regular, personalized touch points throughout the year.
- In partnership with the Senior Director of Development and Director of Civic Engagement provide SLSV Coalition partners with strategic guidance related to cultivating, pitching, renewing and upgrading individual prospects and donors.
- Develop customized branded materials for meetings with individual donors/prospects and for events (PowerPoint presentations, one-pagers, brochures, etc.)
- Plan and execute digital fundraising appeals throughout the year, seeking to significantly increase the number of small individual gifts received annually
- With Development Coordinator, track the movement of individual donors through cultivation stages and to ensure timely renewals/upgrades from existing individual and political donors
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- At least four years of experience in fundraising with at least three of those years in a role focused on individual and/or political or family foundation fundraising.
- Expertise in individual prospect research and demonstrated research outcomes.
- Experience cultivating donors and/or providing high-level strategic support to executives on individual fundraising/major gifts; commitment to a relationship fundraising ethos
- Supremely organized; systems-thinker; exhaustive and unwavering attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Understanding of major issues in education and health care policy, and voting rights and ability to talk and write about advocacy
- Experience with political campaigns, electoral work and/or political giving
- Experience with college and university alumni giving
Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, & vision coverage, company funded HRA plan; 401K retirement, life insurance, generous vacation, etc.
About Young Invincibles:
Young Invincibles (“YI”) is a non-profit working to expand opportunity for young Americans ages 18 to 34 and amplify the voice of our generation in the national political conversation. Founded by and for young adults in the summer of 2009 during the debate over health care reform, YI has quickly grown into a leading voice for young people on the issues healthcare, higher education, and employment. The organization has achieved major successes in areas ranging from the regulation of college health plans to Pell grants and has successfully engaged hundreds of thousands of young adults online, through a network of over 100 partner organizations.
Young Invincibles is an equal employment opportunity employer and strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. Young Invincibles does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, medical condition including genetic characteristics, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, (including transgender status), weight, height, linguistic characteristics (such as accent and limited English proficiency, where not substantially job-related), citizenship status, or any other basis prohibited by law.