The HeartMob Fellow will require someone with an entrepreneurial spirit that combines a strong work ethic, a solutions-driven ethos, passion for ending online harassment, critical attention to detail, and strong communications skills. This person must have expressed interest in moderating online communications, helping to build community, cross-team collaboration, project management, and communications – including social media.
HeartMob is a platform to help end online harassment. We believe that the freedom of speech online doesn’t mean anything if people are not free from abuse and harassment. The premise for HeartMob is simple: we want to fight fire with water. Bystander intervention is a best practice for addressing all forms of violence, but so often when harassment happens there’s no one around to help – or if they are around they aren’t sure what to do. The internet solves some of these problems: when online harassment happens, people are almost always around, and if they aren’t around, they can quickly be summoned to show up. Through HeartMob, people can ask for exactly the kind of support they need, when they need it; and bystanders have the tools and resources they need to help in impactful ways. Our goal is to reduce trauma for people being harassed online by giving them the immediate support they need – and in doing that work, create an army of good so powerful that it can disrupt, and ultimately transform, the hearts and minds of those perpetuating online harassment. For more details, check out the HeartMob website at https://www.iheartmob.org/
- Assist in the development and execution of HeartMob’s communication strategy.
- Maintain and develop exciting social media content for platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This includes but is not limited to monitoring our success on these platforms and make recommendations based on what works and what doesn’t, and engaging with our followers through social media messages.
- Monitor media activities related to online harassment and build our growing media lists.
- Research online harassment and current trends as needed.
- Assist in the development of new resources and content for the HeartMob platform including guidebooks and system manuals.
- Partner with IT support to troubleshoot and address issues related to the HeartMob platform.
- Serve as the primary moderator of cases and account applications on the HeartMob platform.
- Participate in program meetings and strategy sessions.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- A current student or recent graduate with a strong commitment to Hollaback!’s mission
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, results-driven, and motivated by project management and deadlines
- Has excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Has strong familiarity with monitoring and developing social media content
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive and Apps
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with others
- Quick-thinker: can boil a great amount of information into takeaways and next steps
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with aggressive growth plans
- Eager to take on challenges with a sense of humor
- Flexible with work tasks