The Archive Administrator is responsible for general administrative support for the Internet Archive facilities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Administration – 85%
- Coordinates administrative activities for our organization
- Responsible for daily unlocking/lock-up of the building
- Management of all Internet Archive shipping requests
- Helps ingest incoming physical donations at Internet Archive HQ
- Answers general queries over the phone and from visitors
- Maintains email@example.com: answers general queries, and sorts or escalates remaining email.
- Maintains contact system and general data management
- Provide ticket support for varying IT needs of staff (on-site and remote).
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Serves on event staffing team to help with logistics, coordination and development on a variety of events. Events include weekly staff lunches, and occasional all-day conferences, evening receptions, and weekend speaking engagements
- Identifies and pursues ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of administrative procedures used by volunteers, visitors and staff.
- Interprets new directives, policies, and procedures and communicates changes to appropriate staff.
General Support – 10%
- Manage all TV/News Archive requests and loans program
- Track and distribute all press relating to the Internet Archive and its founder, Brewster Kahle
- Process Internet Archive Store orders
- Participates as needed in special department projects.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
Finance – 5%
- Responsible for upholding company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work autonomously and make decisions
- Ability to maintain effective telephone, email and other communications skills – both internally and externally
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Experience reviewing website content
- Comfortable negotiating with vendors; ordering supplies and equipment
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well on a team and effectively interact with others
- Flexible and patient with constant change throughout the organization
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector
- Fundraising/Events experience
- IT experience and knowledge
- Computer literacy (both PC and Mac)
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs