Janaagraha is looking to on-board an Associate Manager for the Municipal Finance team. The position will be based in Bangalore and will report to Head – Municipal Finance. Associate Manager – Municipal Finance, your role would comprise the following:
- Liaise with variety of stakeholders and build relationships that augment the cause of the program and institution
- Research pertaining to credit ratings & annual reports for ULBs, city and state budgets, annual financial statements, audits and financial reporting
- Implementation of reforms in municipal finance, specifically on accounting, auditing, and reporting by urban local bodies
- Preparation of reports and policy briefs as and when required, powered and backed by financial data
- In depth research and analysis of ULBs in enhancement of revenues covering – profession tax, entertainment tax, license fees, parking fees, user charges, advertising etc.
- Deepening research and advocacy on the various laws and policies in the space of Municipal Finance
- Engagement with and persuasion of government functionaries to ensure collection of relevant information from municipalities and other government bodies
Qualifications and Experience
- A CA or a MBA with 4 to 5 years of experience or a candidate with a graduate degree in the fields of accountancy, or economics.
What we look for in Associate – Municipal Finance
- Domain knowledge of public finance, and accounting/law (theory and practice, principles, best practices, systems and processes, global best practices etc.)
- Excellent MS Excel, Word, Power Point Skills
- Ability and willingness to grasp quickly, the current status of urban governance in India, contemporary challenges and public discourse and Janaagraha’s approach and framework
- Strong quantitative and analytical capabilities
- Strong project management skills
- Good communication skills- both written and verbal
- Ability to work across teams
- Willingness to extend oneself to accomplish work objectives with tight deadlines, simultaneously pursuing excellence
- Positive attitude, flexibility and ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment
- Persuasive skills to engage with government functionaries and deliver on programme objectives
What Janaagraha offers
At Janaagraha, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals and passionate citizens who apply cutting-edge technologies and practices aimed at social change in India’s cities. Janaagraha offers a dynamic, driven and vibrant work environment for professionals who are passionate about investing their time, skill sets and energy to transform quality of life in India’s cities. At work, you will be exposed to a unique combination of policy, practice and platforms and will have abundant opportunities to learn and apply professional skills to social challenges.