The main purpose of this job is to forge intellectual and financial partnerships with high net worth individuals, global corporate houses and philanthropies to ensure long term organisational sustainability of Janaagraha.
- Research and create a list of select HNIs, global corporate houses and philanthropies for Grant partnerships
- Reach out and make presentations to key external stakeholders on this list on Janaagraha Vision and Mission.
- Ensure proper usage of Sales Force dot com to move relationships from “prospect” to “donor” status
- Be main point of contact with other revenue streams in Development within Janaagraha
- Manage a team of Associates who would help in day to day operations of Development
- Ensure organisational cash flow requirements by planning, managing and realizing annual fundraising targets
Within Janaagraha operating guidelines the job-holder has decision-making authority to:
- Recruit, supervise and train associates referring to Deputy Head of Development on disciplinary matters
- Sign off on list of potential partners for Grant Partnerships
- Review and approve deliverables on MoU/Grant agreements with Donors
- Approve travel plans for self and team
- Weekly: Development Team Associates, Program Fund Raising Associates, Program Managers and Executive Committee
- Monthly: Board of Trustees
- Quarterly: Governing Board Subcommittee Members
- Weekly: Manage key stakeholders in potential and existing grant partnerships to help move organisations from “prospect” to “donor” status
- Monthly: Ensure activation of donor engagement calendar by reaching out to grant partners
- Quarterly: Reach out to CXO level staff at prospects and donors to monitor and evaluate partnership deliverables
- People: line management responsibility for team of associates and occasional supervision of interns/volunteers on development tasks.
- Communications: Janaagraha communication material like Annual and Quarterly Reports as well as specific program related collateral.
- Financial: delegated budget for running of Development and provides input to Development budget planning.
Knowledge and experience
- Formal qualifications in management coupled with a proven track record in sales and marketing is desirable.
- The ideal candidate will have 10 years of relevant work experience managing profit centres in large multinationals in the FMCG, Banking sectors
- Proficiency in all of the standard IT packages used in the office as well as Sales Force Dot Com – must be able to advise less experienced users and do some basic trouble-shooting on simple user problems.
- Skill required in Excel to generate basic management information reports on behalf of Deputy Head-Development
- Must have proven ability to communicate verbally and electronically with very senior professionals
- Must also have prior experience of managing teams
Planning and organizing:
- Must be able to plan annual revenue targets and subsequently create annual strategies and tactics which can support the annual revenue plans.
- Work in tandem with the Development and Program Teams to ensure partners specific engagement, communication and grant utilization plan and their realization
- Coordinate the day-to-day work of Managers and Associates, who provide support to the Development Team. This can involve reconciling conflicting work-load priorities between team members.
- Monitors and report on fund raising budgets.
- The job holder supports the Head of Development in putting together basic management information reports from Sales Force Dot Com, which can involve analyzing information on grant deliverables, attrition of donors.
- Monitor and evaluate donor engagement plan for Development
Initiative and innovation:
- Is expected to find ways of improving processes for the development unit to ensure greater productivity and also lower cost of fundraising.
Working with others:
- Tact, diplomacy and the ability to be passionate about impact are required as Janaagraha is a very driven organization and this requires a constant optimization of existing resources which the job holder is expected to resolve. The job-holder is also required to manage relationships with very senior stakeholders in very large organizations to ensure that strategic partnerships are forged with regularity to help create urban transformation.
- While the environment in Janaagraha is a very positive and inspiring one, the job entails managing a revenue model which draws from grants and donations. This would require considerable demands on time as most stakeholders are very senior professionals or industrialists and normal work days are scheduled as per their convenience.
Other essential requirements
- The job involves significant travel to major metros of India ranging from 7 to 10 working days in a month and also contributing towards organisation building activities by participating in cross functional team led projects