Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Curriculum & Education teams based in Germany on the development of Kiron’s core curriculum by refining module content and structure as well as finding and matching high quality MOOCs (Massive Open Online Course) covering the specified Learning Outcomes.
- Improvement of existing and trial of new Kiron course material including study plans and student handbooks.
- Meeting potential partner universities, in Jordan or Lebanon, signing agreements and technical coordination of content production and provision by partners.
- Work closely with our country lead to define the strategy for education program in Jordan or Lebanon.
Your set of skills
- You hold at least a Master’s degree in the field of educational sciences or other relevant studies.
- You possess profound knowledge of the higher education sector or are experienced in non-academic, pedagogic fields of action with 2-5 years of work experience.
- You are familiar with curriculum design and equivalence procedures in Higher Education with at least one year of work experience.
- You have strong communication skills and ideally experience in talking to higher education institutions and are fluent in both Arabic and English, written and spoken (C1 according to CEFRL).
- You share our vision of a world in which everyone has equal chances to access and be successful in higher education
- You are a digital native, self-starter, adaptive & resilient and have an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- A competitive salary within the social sector.