Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- You support our project lead in daily administrative and ad hoc tasks.
- You work closely with the whole project team and assist in the communication with our project partners.
- You are involved in project monitoring, documentation and finalising project status reports.
- You take responsibility for preparing meetings and workshops.
Your set of skills
- You are a student and officially enrolled at an university.
- You have strong communication and writing skills in German (C2) and English (C1).
- You have first professional experience in project management.
- You have an educational background in social or political sciences, marketing, international relations or development.
- You are confident in using PowerPoint, Word and Excel and a quick learner for google applications and all other organizational programs, such as Slack.
- You share our vision of a world in which everyone has equal chances to access and be successful in higher education.
- The opportunity to get first hand insight into project management of a joint project funded by BMBF.
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs.
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team.
- Flexible working hours at our Berlin location.