About the Role
Recently announced at the United Nations General Assembly, Kiva is partnering with the government of Sierra Leone and the UN to build a “blockchain” identity and credit-scoring system to enhance financial security in Sierra Leone. The Blockchain Protocol Architect/Director will be a leader in this brand new Kiva Protocol team. From the ground up, we will build a global multi-tenant platform, initially deploying in Sierra Leone, but scaling across the world.
The Blockchain Protocol Architect/Director will report to the VP of Engineering.
- Partner with other distributed systems engineers to develop a highly scalable cloud-based system
- Provide technical leadership in developing and launching Kiva Protocol into the open source ecosystem
- Bring thought leadership around Blockchain across the organization and externally to continue to develop our engineering brand
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to prioritize architecture decisions and tradeoffs with tight delivery schedules
- 10+ years engineering experience, preferably in enterprise technologies
- Deep understanding of OOD/OOP distributed systems; designing and developing large scale, high availability software preferably in Java
- Experience analyzing data structures and algorithms and issues related to scale, security and availability
- Experience working with crypto engineering or language and compiler design
- Experience with designing, implementing, or deploying blockchains on one or more of the following platforms: Hyperledger, Ethereum, Bitcoin
- Experience with and/or interest in some of the following areas:
- Distributed Systems
- Database and Large-scale Storage Systems
- Operating Systems
- Performance Analysis and Optimization
- MSc or PhD
- Working experience with Hyperledger
- Working experience in smaller organizations and/or start-ups a plus
What We Offer
- An amazing mission: Kiva’s mission is to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty across the globe.
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world.
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues.
- Casual, high performing work environment.
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package.
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva’s culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.