Medic Mobile is looking for an inspiring leader to serve on the leadership team as Chief Development Officer. This role will deepen and expand our philanthropic relationships and oversee the end-to-end experience for funding partners, ensuring grant funding is resilient, strategic, and available for our organization’s ambitious work.
The CDO will join Medic Mobile at a time when our funding partnerships are strong and there are opportunities to expand work with institutions and individuals. We have built efficient and effective fundraising and grant management systems, and the CDO will be welcomed by talented teammates ready to contribute. We expect the CDO to lead the strategic growth of the development team, with 1-2 manager roles crafted and filled in the coming year.
Our fundraising approach has been to find true partners who resonate with our mission, vision, and strategic direction. We recognize that funders are people (!) and we do our part to build trust and focus on impact. We are transparent with new and potential partners about what we are prioritizing, trying, learning, changing, and celebrating. We are seeking a CDO to accompany our team and our funding partners through a strategic and relationship-based approach. Traditional fundraising experience is perhaps less important than proven leadership and exceptional abilities to communicate, inspire others, understand and translate the details of our work, and collaborate with senior leaders within and outside our organization.
- Embody and champion our values: humanity, creativity, initiative, solidarity and openness
- Deeply committed to our mission
Relationship Cultivation and Management
- Maintain strong relationships with existing funding partners
- Build new relationships with potential funding partners
Strategy and Thought Partnership
- Provide strategic direction to the development team, setting annual and multi-year fundraising goals and plans
- Contribute to overall strategy as a member of the strategy group and leadership team
- Collaborate with the CEO and leaders across the organization as well as the board of directors on strategic planning, risk and opportunity mapping, and funding partnerships work
- Grow our high-functioning development team, hire, define performance targets, manage, coach, develop and retain team members
- Create a culture of high-performance, accountability, and cross-cultural inclusivity
- Develop and oversee the implementation of scalable development systems and processes
- Ensure that grant funding is aligned with our strategic roadmap and contributes to our overall revenue and financial resilience goals
- Move leads and donors through pipeline and successfully secure funding
- Build our capacity to diversify and expand our funding sources
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of fundraising best practices, trends, and strategies, including research of peer and comparable organizations; utilize these best practices to attract/retain donors
- Represent the organization externally as a member of the leadership team with views into the big picture as well as insights and stories regarding the work
- Seek out speaking engagements and other platforms to increase our visibility