- Timely and accurate maintenance of the books of accounts, preparation of accounts and financial statements monthly. Send the required management reports on time of consolidated global accounts.
- Oversee financial, project, program and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional development team to align the organization’s budgetary needs with funding opportunities.
- Analyze what parts of the organization’s budget are already covered by restricted funding commitments, and where new commitments could be most impactful.
- Ensure intercompany allocations are appropriate and correct and that intercompany billings are generated and paid monthly.
- Timely and accurate invoicing, management of travel expenses/expense reports and timesheet tracking and allocation to projects, manage AP/AR, functional spending allocations.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Ensure strict application and compliance of the company’s financial management policies, procedures & controls.
- Ensure regulatory compliance and timely payment of various taxes and reporting.
- Assist the finance team as needed in FP&A — plan and manage Medic Mobile budgets, finances and banking accounts. Maintain a monthly liquidity/cash flow statement alongside the US Finance Manager.
- Act as a primary interface with the Company’s external auditors and coordinate the execution of an annual global audit.
- Support regional offices with their annual audits.
Management and Administration Duties:
- Develop a sound understanding of the Core Financial systems being used for managing day-to-day operations. Ensure timely and quality updating of financial operational data by teammates.
- Train, develop, and mentor the global accounting and administration team, as applicable.
- Timely preparation of payroll and adherence to required HR policies and regulatory requirements.
Skills Knowledge & Expertise
- CPA, MA in accounting (public accounting experience a plus)
- A minimum of 5-10 years of professional experience working as an accountant (Experience at a Not for Profit a plus)
- Deep knowledge using QuickBooks Online and Sage Intacct
- Experience with US GAAP and Not-for-profit accounting principles, practices, taxation and regulation.
- Experience in conducting audits
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and workflows, and to deliver with quality, on time, in a fast-growing, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking) in English. Must be able to express thoughts and opinions clearly and concisely
- Proven ability to work independently
- Must be flexible with working hours to communicate with offices worldwide
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to Medic Mobile values and mission. A pro-active hands-on strategic thinker