Do you want to advance access to mental health support, educational equity, and social justice? Join us at MindRight in our fight to make trauma healing services accessible to all youth. We’re a nonprofit on a mission to empower youth of color to heal from trauma from systemic oppression. We provide personalized, proactive mental health coaching over text message to teens.
Our Supervisors monitor and support MindRight coaches as they text with students in their shifts. Supervisors provide guidance and feedback to coaches and step in during shifts to directly provide escalated support to students over MindRight’s web application. Supervisors are a core part of the MindRight team and service delivery model. Supervisors help ensure quality of coaching and provide crisis stabilization and case management to students as needed. Supervisors collaborate with coaches, other supervisors, our Director of Student Supports, and our co-founders in developing support strategies for students. This position is a contractor position paid at an hourly rate.
Our work is guided by our 5 Core Values:
- Unconditional Positive Regard: We demonstrate unconditional respect for youth and recognize their right to self-determination for their lives.
- Intersectionality: We recognize the interconnected and overlapping nature of social identities, including race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, and immigration status. We protect the complexities of what it means to be human.
- Unapologetic: We are unapologetic in advocating to dismantle systems of oppression impacting youth of color.
- Transparency: We say what we’re going to do. We say what we mean. We keep our kids and stakeholders in the loop on what we’re doing, how, and why.
- Radical Self-care: We recognize self-care is an obligation to others as well as ourselves.
- You are committed to fostering healing in communities impacted by systemic oppression.
- You get teens. You understand the language of teens and how to meet them where they are.
- You are extremely organized and able to multitask and adapt to new developments in real time.
- Masters of Social Work and License; or
- Masters of Science in Clinical Counseling and License; or
- Masters of Science in Marriage & Family Therapy and License; or
- Masters or PhD in Psychology and Psychology License
- 2+ years field or work experience supporting youth in historically marginalized communities
- Spanish language fluency preferred