mRelief provides an easy-to-use platform through web, text messaging and voice that enables Americans to find out if they qualify and enroll end-to-end in the SNAP (food stamps). Our mission is to transform access to social services for the inherent dignity of all people. To date we have helped more than 700,000 families connect to social services and unlocked $190 Million in food stamp benefits.
mRelief has been backed by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Y Combinator, the Knight Foundation, New Media Ventures Fund, Unorthodox Philanthropy and the Stupski Foundation. Our clients include the Catholic Charities, the Greater Chicago Food Depository and the Municipality of Anchorage, Alaska.
The Operations Director will be responsible for leading our operational, financial, and administrative functions; overseeing and maintaining a set of internal functions that make it easier for mRelief to hit its goals; serving as the primary go-to for organizational problem solving.and helping to foster a workplace culture in which staff will thrive. This position will report directly to the Executive Director. This is a full-time position located in Chicago, IL.
Lead our operational, financial, and administrative functions
- Lead all administrative and operations activities to ensure smooth day-to-day functioning.
- Oversee human resource activities
- Manage contract accountant, independent auditors, and banking relationships. Lead our annual audit.
- Oversee day-to-day financial management, including processing cash receipts, paying invoices, coding expenses and reimbursements, and closing monthly books.
- Ensure we are in full legal compliance by maintaining an open line with our lawyers and proactively looking for and flagging potential trouble spots.
- Manage supplies and equipment.
- Manage vendor relationships, contracts, and records.
Ensure organizational effectiveness
- Coordinate annual strategic planning process.
- Play a key role in developing annual staff strategic planning sessions.
- Coordinate the monthly financial close meeting
- Manage Account Manager, Controller, and Development Manager.
- Coordinate logistics and materials for internal staff meetings, board meetings, annual convenings or conferences led by advisory councils and advisory boards, and other events as needed.
- Serve as the hub of our talent needs by coordinating searches and helping hiring managers identify and recruit great people to join our team.
- Institutionalize onboarding and off-boarding best practices and materials.
- Create and maintain various management documents, including our employee manual, job descriptions, training plans, and organizational chart.
- Work in partnership with the Executive Director and CTO in developing internal processes and driving culture shifts as we grow and mature as an organization.
Serve as the go-to for organizational problem solving
- Proactively spot and resolve ad hoc challenges that arise.
- Serve as a thought-partner to our Executive Director and senior leadership team in identifying and resolving organizational or individual challenges as they arise.
- Identify additional ways in which we could improve and take on other responsibilities as we grow.
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in fundraising is a plus
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and Mac Software a plus
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
For full-time employees, we pay medical, dental and vision insurance premiums and professional development opportunities to foster a culture of learning.
Please send your resume and cover letter describing your interest in the role to email@example.com