mRelief provides an easy-to-use platform online and through SMS that enables Americans to find out if they qualify for public assistance. Our mission is to restore dignity by transforming access to social services. mRelief connected over 170,000 families to social services.
Our supporters include Google, Microsoft, Twilio, and Clear Channel. mRelief has been backed by Y Combinator, the Knight Foundation and the Rockefeller Foundation. Our clients include the California Department of Social Services, Yolo County, City of Anchorage Alaska, and the Catholic Charities.
We are looking for an outstanding User Experience Designer and Frontend Developer to join our team and help transform access to social services. This is a full-time position located in Chicago.
As soon as you start at mRelief, you will play a critical role in designing an affirming process for families to apply for and receive food stamps.
- Experience designing technology for low-income populations and new Internet users
- 2 years of experience in user experience design or front-end development
- Develop mRelief brand identity and manage the visual representation of mRelief values and mission
- Experience with user testing, user profiling and A/B testing
- Experience with graphic design for website, social media, pitch decks, ads and newsletters
- Deep passion for mRelief’s work and civic technology
- Willingness and eagerness to work on transformative technology in a startup environment
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong sense of mission and value alignment with mRelief
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
- This position requires you to work from the office full time. Unfortunately, it doesn’t allow working remotely.