mRelief provides an easy-to-use platform online and through SMS that enables Americans to find out if they qualify and enroll end-to-end in the food stamps program. Our mission is to restore dignity by transforming access to social services. To date we have helped more than 260,000 families connect to social services and unlocked $44 million in food stamp benefits.
Our corporate supporters include: Google, Microsoft, and Target Smart. mRelief has been backed by Y Combinator, the Knight Foundation, New Media Ventures Fund, and the Stupski Foundation. Our clients include the California Department of Social Services, Yolo County Department of Human Services, the Catholic Charities, and the Municipality of Anchorage, Alaska.
We are looking for an outstanding Ruby on Rails and React developer to join our team and help transform access to social services. This is a full-time position located in Chicago.
As soon as you start at mRelief, you will play a critical role in building an affirming process for families to apply for food stamps.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Front-end experience with React
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience with AI is a plus
- Deep passion for mRelief’s work and civic technology
- Willingness and eagerness to work on transformative technology in a startup environment
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong sense of mission and value alignment with mRelief
- Ability to collaborate and pair-program effectively
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
- This position requires you to work from the office full time. Unfortunately, it doesn’t allow working remotely.
For full-time employees, we pay medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and professional development opportunities to foster a culture of learning.