myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro’s founder and CEO here.
About Program Manager – Thies
The Program Manager role, based in Thies, is a new management role to support the launch and growth of myAgro’s rapid expansion. This includes directly managing 3-4 Program Associates and supporting a Regional Operations Manager responsible for field operations. Through your direct reports, you will be responsible for managing 40 – 50 field staff. You will also be responsible for providing input into the strategic plan for expansion within the region and developing a replicable model to export to other regions and countries based on the work your team implements. Reporting to the Country Director, you will lead the Thies-based Field team that is responsible for testing new products, lowering customer acquisition costs, increasing farmer adoption and increasing impact.
- Team Management: Manage a team of 3-4 direct reports and provide oversight and support to the wider team of 40 – 50 staff to support myAgro’s expansion efforts.
- Operations Management: Independently manage the day-to-day operations of several myAgro field districts, including developing and implementing strategy and supporting wider R&D efforts. Help reduce bottlenecks, increase cross-team efficiency and communications.
- Knowledge Management: Contribute to a knowledge center for replicating myAgro’s model in new regions; codify improved operational processes to simplify and scale myAgro’s model further.
- R&D Lead: Lead strategic thinking on how myAgro can increase farmer savings, farmer income and myAgro’s reach by identifying and prioritizing trials.
- Strategic Input: Be a key voice and provide input into the strategic plan for growth and expansion for myAgro’s operations company-wide based on your data analytics and deep understanding of myAgro’s field operations & customers.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- French and English proficiency
- At least 5 years of work experience with prior project and team management experience
- At least 2 years of international, developing country experience in a similar social enterprise or project management role with significant responsibility
- Proven ability to work independently on important projects
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Masters preferred but not required
- Strong MS Office experience, particularly using Excel
- Strategic thought process and strong decision-making capabilities based on data analytics
- Creative and versatile approach to problem-solving; solution-oriented
- Proven, strong communication skills and ability to work cross culturally