About the Team
The Growth and Expansion team is charged with developing relationships with and making consultative sales to district leaders, school leaders, funders, advocates, and key regional influencers in ways that result in the addition of new and successful partnerships with districts and schools. Working in partnership with the Program Delivery and District & School Partnerships teams, the Growth and Expansion team helps to determine and continue to refine factors that drive ideal district/school partnership profiles and identifies target partners based on that profile. G&E additionally partners with External Relations to help realize local fundraising opportunities, serving as the face to funders on an as-needed basis in their regional portfolios.
About the Role
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and strategic connector for our Growth and Expansion team to develop and secure new school partnerships. The ideal candidate will have experience in partnership development and thrive on building and sustaining high-quality relationships. This role will report directly to the VP of Growth and Expansion and will play a critical role in fueling our organization’s ability to impact the lives of thousands more students each year.
- You are passionate about the power of personalized learning and able to convey that in an influential and compelling way
- You are highly entrepreneurial–if there’s not a clear way forward you’ll creatively figure out how to keep forging new paths to get there
- You are able to operate (leading, collaborating and executing) in a highly ambiguous environment with high interdependencies
- You are driven by establishing meaningful and lasting relationships and partnerships
- You are highly empathetic to the needs of school and district stakeholders because you’ve walked in their shoes
- You don’t really consider yourself a “sales” person but you have a track record of being able to sell new ideas and to help paint a picture of what’s possible
- You are highly self motivated and enjoy working independently—you don’t need anyone to tell you all of your next steps–but you are also able to collaborate effectively with peers.
- You are relentlessly optimistic about what is possible–there is always a new opportunity around the corner and you will persist until you’ve realized it
What You Would Do
- Lead generation strategy and executions throughout a long sales cycle
- Where useful strategically identify and secure regional consultants to provide regional intelligence and to introduce New Classrooms to high potential district and school leads
- Lead the cultivation of new district, charter and independent school partnerships throughout your designated region or across regions.
- Generate new school and school district leads, cultivate the leads and close sales with new school partners.
- Project manage all aspects of the partnership adoption process and engage in creative problem solving with potential partners to remove barriers program implementation.
- Document all sales activity in SalesForce (CRM)
- Manage and negotiate contracts and business terms with all partners.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with multiple school district stakeholders.
Cross-functional Team Partnership
- Assist External Relations with the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of local supporters in region as appropriate per district/school relationships
- Partner with other team members to help develop the team’s strategic pipeline development etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to determine viability of partnership and readiness of school and partnership
- Provide ongoing communication and support to the implementation team
- Serve as the external spokesperson for New Classrooms with key partners in school districts, CMOs and philanthropic organizations.
- Build brand awareness for New Classrooms and Teach to One locally by developing relationships with key influencers and representing New Classrooms at conferences and events.
- Create regional and national opportunities to build awareness and support for Teach to One through various means including site tours, webinars, etc.
What We Are Looking For
- A track record of demonstrating a generative, entrepreneurial approach to realizing what is possible and of setting and meeting ambitious goals
- Previous experience in partnership development or nontraditional sales role, a plus
- Deep knowledge of education landscape; understanding of or exposure to personalized learning models and education technology a plus
- Established rolodex of connections and relationships with school districts preferred
- Demonstrated success in professional relationship development; existing personal network (or access to a network) of district and community leaders preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build trust with education and community leaders and potential funders
- Established rolodex of relationships with philanthropic funders preferred
- The ability to speak and write with an authentic, empathetic, and persuasive voice and to engage external audiences with purpose and success
- Willingness to travel frequently (up to 50% during peak season) with access to a major metropolitan airport