About the Role
The Mathematics Exploratory Content Writer is a project-based position that works with New Classrooms’ Instructional Design Team. Content Writers develop lesson and project materials that inspire a deep understanding of mathematics and fit within a non-traditional classroom model.
What You Would Do
- Create innovative mathematical investigative and exploratory materials for grades 2-9 for use in New Classrooms programs
- Research and find new methods for creating multi-day tasks for mathematical concepts
What We Are Looking For
- 5+ years of classroom teaching experience in math, grades 4-9
- Experience planning investigative, exploratory lessons and projects
- Familiarity with Math Solutions and NCTM resources
- Familiarity with Making Thinking Visible and Thinking Routines
- Experience writing and/or reviewing K-12 math curriculum materials
- Deep understanding of research-based pedagogical models, how students learn, and effective strategies to engage students
- Believe in the importance and benefit of feedback and ability to implement feedback in an effective and efficient manner
- Ability to think deeply about math concepts beyond computational activities
- Ability to think creatively about new types of math curriculum materials
- An understanding that there is more to mathematics than just finding the “right” answer
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
- Availability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary
Competitive for like size non-profits, depending on experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.