At One Degree, we believe finding emergency food, shelter, or health services when you or your family is in need should be as easy and straightforward as ordering a book on Amazon. We create modern tech-driven solutions that help families find, access, and manage nonprofit and social services efficiently and with dignity. We’ve helped more than 250,000 people in the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area and we recently expanded to Los Angeles County.
We are looking for a Community Navigator to join our team to empower communities with One Degree and get poverty-fighting resources into the hands of the more than 3 million low-income and at-risk Los Angeles County-residents. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about supporting people in the community, while maintaining a flexible, part-time schedule.
As a Community Navigator you will…
- help community members navigate One Degree to find resources
- schedule, promote and conduct in-person and virtual trainings and demonstrations for community members and nonprofit professionals at partner organizations primarily in Los Angeles County
- capture member success stories and testimonials
- represent One Degree at community outreach events as needed
- act as our liaison to current partner organizations
- identify and develop relationships with potential partner organizations
- coordinate delivery of One Degree marketing materials to key locations and partners
- are passionate about empowering under-resourced families
- are highly organized and self-starter
- are an excellent and engaging public speaker
- are comfortable with technology
- are a native or fluent Spanish speaker
- are available to work with us for a minimum of 6 months
- teaching or sales experience or have otherwise conducted trainings/demos/workshops
- experience in the nonprofit and social service sector, either as a professional or someone who has relied on services in the past (preferred, but not required)
- an understanding of the Los Angeles County geography
- access to a car to be able to physically go to partner organizations
Then you should…
- Submit a resume and cover letter, describing the aspects of this job description that spoke to you and why, at this link by January 21
One Degree does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, religion, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, military and veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation. Employment is contingent upon a background and reference check.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team, and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.