Part-time employee, 20 hours a week, remote, work hours Mon-Fri 9am-1pm or 10am-2pm Pacific Time
At One Degree, we believe finding emergency food, shelter, or health services when you or your family is in need should be as easy and straightforward as ordering a book on Amazon. We create modern tech-driven solutions that help families find, access, and manage nonprofit and social services efficiently and with dignity.
We are looking for a part-time (20 hours/week) Member Support Specialist to join our team of full-time staff and dozens of remote part-time employees and volunteers. This role operates within One Degree is a modern tech-driven solution within Alluma that has helped more than half a million families and their supporters find, access, and share social services efficiently and with dignity in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Gainesville, FL and New York City.
The Member Support Specialist will directly support the community members One Degree serves in accessing necessary community resources. The position will provide empathetic and comprehensive resource information and referrals via email and text using the One Degree Referrals tool. The Member Support Specialist will also gather insights on community needs and obtain testimonials from direct community interactions throughout platforms.
We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply for this role, even if your skills do not perfectly match the requirements below. We are a low-ego, humble group of people that love what we do and work every day to bring out the best in each other.
Qualifications Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
• Ability to excel remotely and to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
• Ability to support users in computer and web troubleshooting; tech savvy
• Fluent in written Spanish, advanced verbal Spanish
• Experience working with communities of color
• Demonstrated understanding of the intersection of racism and poverty
• Proficient in Google or Office suites
• Familiarity with the non-profit and social service sector preferred
• Experience in an online support capacity preferred
• Experience using online support software preferred
• Lived experience accessing community resources preferred
• Displays teamwork, ownership, initiative
• Friendly, empathetic and loves empowering others
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Essential Functions & Summary of Responsibilities:
• Available Monday – Friday 9am-1pm or 10am-2pm, Pacific Time (20 hours / week)
• Act as subject matter expert on the use of www.1degree.org and other online tools to locate available social services
• Provide thoughtful responses to messages and comments on social media accounts
• Provide support to community members on the live chat platform, email and text
• Understand member needs and propose solutions using the One Degree application
• Research resources and provide follow up to community members needs
• Communicate with members regularly
• Gather positive testimonials from community members
• Provide insights and metrics regarding members to the One Degree team
• Other related duties as assigned
• Candidates must have a 1 – 2 years experience in customer service or people-facing role
If you’d like to join our team please….
Apply here with your resume by September 20, 2020 (applications are on a rolling basis, but we highly encourage submitting your application on or before this date)
One Degree does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, religion, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, military and veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds.
One Degree believes that everyone has the right to express their identity in however manner they choose, including the use of whatever pronouns with which they are most comfortable. Job applicants may, but are not expected to, provide their preferred pronouns at any point in the hiring process by notifying the hiring manager or any other employee with whom they are in contact, over the phone, over email, or in person. We believe in maintaining a welcoming and inclusive workplace. Every employee, volunteer, contractor, community member, and job applicant may discuss their gender identity or expression openly, or keep that information private.